• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change cutpath after print/laminate (Sp300&Colorip)

zm71

Hi.

I Printed and laminated (spelling?) a graphic and when i put the vinyl back in to the sp300 to cut I discovered that my cutpath was wrong. Is it possible to change this somehow?

thanks

J

john1

I know when i first started i would goof and when i went to refeed the laminated print, i would hit "media width" in the rip and that would make things off if the pinch rollers moved.

I fixed my problem by just changing the rip program to just cut only and it was good even if the rollers had moved from doing other jobs.

zm71

thanks for your answer. i dont have any problems with cutting in general. it was a cutpath misstake by me in illustrator. So i would like the exakt same cutpath/file but i want to be able to open up the document in illu again, change the cutpath and get the colorip to recon the new cutpath with the same "cutting registration marks".

eh, im terrible at explain things:smile: short version below:

can u change the cuttingpath in the "cutting queue" in anyway? in or outside colorip.

J Hill Designs

I would imagine that as long as the overall dimension stays exactly the same, you can just re-load the new file with new cut-path, set it up the same, and hit cut...

zm71

I would imagine that as long as the overall dimension stays exactly the same, you can just re-load the new file with new cut-path, set it up the same, and hit cut...

how do i get the new file into the cut-queue? Rip only and it will show?

thanks!

CentralSigns

If you change the cut path, versaworks will re-rip the file and your screwed. Or should I say that the file will be re-ripped. Best to learn from mistake and start fresh.