• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change hand painted wood sign to cut vinyl on aluminum

R3 Solutions

Client has a gross 4 x 8 hand painted wooden sign. The sign itself is in excellent shape. The hand painted graphics are really bad. What do you think of covering the wood sign with .040 white aluminum and switching to cut vinyl graphics?

Mosh

I think I have done that 500-1000 times in the last 26 years...what do you need to know?
FYI, I use Max-Metal for stuff like this now, Looks better, 040 sometimes looks wavy.

J Hill Designs

+1 to ACM

on install, use oversized pilot holes in ACM, and dont fully tighten the screws - allows for expansion/contraction

Billct2

If you really want it to look nice add aluminum retainers to finish the edges. Then you can screw it down around the perimeter and cover the screws.
We also run a good bead of silicone on the back too,

Marlene

are they looking for cheap fix or nicer? why not sand it down and re-paint the background then re-letter with vinyl