Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change ink type

Discussion in 'Roland' started by romichoux, Oct 17, 2012.

1. romichoux

romichoux Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hello,

I would like to change the ink type on a Roland VS serie. The machine is in 6 colors mode (CMYKLcLm) but when I go in the service menu>Ink type Change, I can only choose between Max6 (Ecosolmax 6 colors), PIG 4 (Pigment 4 colors) or UNKNOWN (not specified ink).

How I can turn this VS to 4 colors Ecosolmax or 8 colors (WHITE, METAL, 6colors ecosolmax)? this is not in the service menu.

the firmware is V3.3

is somebody has already done that?

thank a lot

Romain

Tags:
  2. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    You're going to need to do a LOT more than just change the options in the service menu and pop an ink cartridge in, to change from one color setup to a new one...I've never done it, but you can plan on having to replace cap station, ink lines and I THINK some heads? It's not just an option and pop a white or metallic ink cartridge in.

Good Luck.