Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Software Help Change object color when using drop shadow effect?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Renee351, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Renee351

Renee351 New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    I'm doing a two-layer decal in order to do a drop shadow in a different color than the object. I created the effect using the drop shadow effects tool. The trouble is, Flexi wants to make the original object transparent. I can't figure out out to make it a solid color. I am able to change the color of the drop shadow though. HELP

2. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    I'm assuming you are exporting as an eps or pdf. Try exporting it as a flattened tif or jpg. Not sure if that's possible or not though I don't use flexi. But sometimes onyx has problems with transparencies and that what I do as a workaround.

3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    When you add a drop shadow you have a few options. The only one that'd affect transparency is when "Transparent" is checked. I'm going to assume you are trying to make this out of cut vinyl with a plotter. So you don't want that box checked. Once you have the effect how you like it. You can right click and seperate the drop shadow from the original object. That gives you two independent objects. In Flexi, if using Production Manager, you don't even need to separate them. Just make sure the settings are set to only send one color at a time.

If this isn't the solution, then we'll likely need some screen shots and equipment info.

4. Renee351

Renee351 New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Minnesota

Thanks for your reply! Which box are you referring to when you say 'You don't want THAT box checked'? Yes, I'm cutting into vinyl.

5. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    It's called "Design Central." It's the main toolbox option window. Where you can change size, font, set the effect options etc. When you click the shadow tool, it'll change into the shadow tool options. That's where you'll see an option that says "Transparent."