• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changeable Dates on Mesh Banner?

mjkjr

Hi Everyone,

I searched around a little, but couldn't find an answer to my question.

Just wondering if anybody has found a decent way to handle annual changing dates on mesh over-the-road banners?

My town wants some new banners for elections, and town meetings, each of which are used a couple a year. Of course, they want the date on there, and some of these aren't always on the same day of the week, so we can't just put, "This Tuesday!" or whatever on them either.

I wanted to use a mesh for the banner since main street (where the banners will hang) is very windy, and they've had some tear apart in the past. Also, if we do smooth blockout banners they will require me to put in wind slits, which I hate, and they won't understand that they don't actually help.

I was thinking maybe to sew in velcro where the dates where and print the dates on mesh rectangles, but I feel like this might get time consuming and too pricey for our budget-conscious town.

So, anyone successfully done a changeable date on a mesh banner before?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention also, that they want to change the "Election Type" text too, so they can re-use the same banner again for "State Election" and "Town Election" for example. So this would be a larger area.

I'd love to sell them 5 different banners for all of this, but they'd never go for it they are too tight-fisted right now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Put pronto tracking up where you need it and be done with it.

Sometimes people require so many conditions, it makes our jobs much harder than they need to be. Sounds more like they want an LED changeable billboard up there.

Around here, we do many of the street banners for surrounding municipalities. They just hafta bite the bullet and get the various banners instead of having one banner do it for all of them. We use solid banners and a cable system. Therefore, no need for wind slits, but they do work, don't think they don't. That's a myth, that they don't actually help.

mjkjr

Hi Gino,

Yeah, I thought about it and told my contact at the town that it would be better to do 5 banners at a small discount rather than try changing 75% of the banner a few times a year.

Still, will need to do the changeable date portions though, so still looking for any good ideas for doing this on mesh?

Thanks!

mjkjr

Just sent them a quote for 5 SMOOTH vinyl banners and offered them free date changes as long as they stored the banners with me (billed at $3/banner=$15 Quarterly=$60 per year). Planning on using cheap calendered vinyl to digital print patches for the date changes. Easy.

We'll see if they go for it.

shoresigns

Just wondering if anybody has found a decent way to handle annual changing dates on mesh over-the-road banners?

I was thinking maybe to sew in velcro where the dates where and print the dates on mesh rectangles, but I feel like this might get time consuming and too pricey for our budget-conscious town.

You're overthinking it. Just use vinyl lettering! Yes, on mesh banners, it works just fine.

mjkjr

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tip! I haven't done vinyl over mesh before, so I just assumed it would probably fall off with the wind. I'll have to give that a try now!

mjkjr

Hi Pat,

Do you think it wouldn't be too hard to line the mesh up like that? I'm gonna keep this option in mind as well, thanks!