Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changeable Marquee Letter Plastic

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by TDFcustomSL, Feb 3, 2013.

1. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    I am needing to find the thin flexible clear plastic that the changeable marquee letters are made from. I was asked by a customer if i could make certain words on one piece of plastic instead of them having to spell out each word when they change the sign back to the generic wording. I have searched and searched but im not even sure what kind of plastic this is. I will only need about 9 inches tall by about 6 feet so I can cut it to the length and add stickers to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. Sign Eagle

Sign Eagle Member

Nov 2, 2010
    HarborSales.com carries a 0.030" polycarbonate in 4'x8' sheets which should work.

3. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    My local hardware store sells it by the sheet and will even cut it to size for free!
    :)
    NOT a "big box" store.
    Love....Jill

4. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    Thanks. I checked the hardware stores here but all they had to offer was plexi or lexan that was too thick

5. Wes Phifer

Wes Phifer Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I buy it from N. Glantz.

6. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Delta, Ohio
    I buy lexan from my local home supply store which is Menards. They have .035 thick lexan in sheets from 18x18 to 36x48. Then I rip it to size on my table saw.

7. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    went to menards here but they didnt have anything as thin as the material im needing. Ill check out N. Glantz