Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?Changing a pinch roller on a roland soljet 545EX

Discussion in 'Roland' started by G6Signs, Feb 6, 2009.

1. G6Signs

G6Signs Member

Jan 6, 2009
    I was wondering if anyone has ever changed the pinch rollers on a roland? One of ours has the little rubber roller not attached anymore, so when its moving as it prints, it rolls it around and messes up the vinyl. We called someone to see if we could do it ourselves if they sent us the part, but he said we didnt have the right tools. If they come fix it, its going to be AT LEAST $300. I was curious if he's right, or if we could get the part and do it ourselves. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nikki

Tags:
  2. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    You can do this, it ain't rocket science, I just had to take mine apart on my Versacamm to clean a bunch of glue out of them, I just used a small angled pick (Sears Craftsman brand) to remove the small clip on the end, be very careful not to loose the small clips or the small washers that go on each side of each roller. Here are detailed instruction from service manual.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      67.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
  4. G6Signs

G6Signs Member

Jan 6, 2009
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! The guy on the phone made it seem like it was impossible for us to do. Looks quite easy actually. AGAIN, thank you sign works!!!

5. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    It's easy to lose the circlip...and undoing it is the easy part- putting it all back together is the harder half of the equation!