• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing CJV150 from SS21 TO ES3

Just wondering if anyone has the steps involved in changing a CJV150-160 currently running SS21 ink to ES3 Ink. I have already flushed the machine but assume its not as easy as just putting in ES3 carts? Are there parameters that need to be changed?

don't do it. More profiles for SS21 inks
Too late ha. I ended up just putting SS21 Chips on my es3 carts so I'll see how this es3 performs and then if I don't like it I can go back to SS21 later. I found one profile for a different Oracal Vinyl than the 3621 I regularly use and the print came out alright. What the deal with no es3 profiles?? Any ideas on where to look for some other than mimaki and Flexi?

Lady Who

Too late ha. I ended up just putting SS21 Chips on my es3 carts so I'll see how this es3 performs and then if I don't like it I can go back to SS21 later. I found one profile for a different Oracal Vinyl than the 3621 I regularly use and the print came out alright. What the deal with no es3 profiles?? Any ideas on where to look for some other than mimaki and Flexi?

Hey Prairie Portable , be careful with washing the lines and printhead to switch inks or when moving... I'm not sure, but this may cause the printhead to start failing a few months after flushing. How old is your printhead?
I'm still investigating, but this machine wash for moving may be the cause of my issues today. Mine started to fail 5 months after moving, and it was only 1 year old when it was flushed to move

Hey Prairie Portable , be careful with washing the lines and printhead to switch inks or when moving... I'm not sure, but this may cause the printhead to start failing a few months after flushing. How old is your printhead?
I'm still investigating, but this machine wash for moving may be the cause of my issues today. Mine started to fail 5 months after moving, and it was only 1 year old when it was flushed to move

Original print head, 5 year old machine. Whats your reasoning on failure after flushing?

Lady Who

Original print head, 5 year old machine. Whats your reasoning on failure after flushing?

By failure I mean nozzles starting to disappear, then the entire line. My history is here.
Anyway, see the attachment. My machine is not even 2 years old, I bought it brand new and I started having this issues when it was about 18 months old, 5 months after moving. Of course, I'm not sure yet, but tech said that the washing lines and head for moving may have contributed to shorten the lifetime of the printhead.

Please, tell me, how often do you do nozzle wash? I used to do it weekly for about 45 minuts and that also may have contributed. I'm writing a report and will soon post here to try to find out if I have done anything wrong to make my printhead last so little.

Attachments

• color-mixing.jpg
    color-mixing.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 164

The LoneStar

did you make the switch ? and do you have to do something in the firmware/ service side to telll the machine that there is ES3 now