• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing DPI in Flexi

Bighow

Can the Dots Per Inch setting be changed in Flexi? I had to send a job out for printing that I created in flexi. I exported it to Photo shop and checked the DPI, it was 72. I resized it in photo shop to the required 150 but this caused distortions on the finished product. My print shop suggested making the signs at 150dpi but I can't find any settings area in flexi. If I can change the dpi in flexi, can I change it on my existing work with no bad effects or do I have to redo the work at the higher dpi?
:help:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Yes, When you export the file make sure the box for "Suppress Option" is unchecked so you can select the proper resolution.

thewood

I'm not a fan of Flexi's resampling abilities, etc. If you created the art in Flexi, I'm assuming it's vector? Export as an eps and bring into PS. Rasterize it at full size to 150 ppi. Or you can do it in Flexi. I think it's called resampling under the bitmap menu.

Bighow

"Yes, When you go to Export the file make sure the box for "Suppress Option" is unchecked so you can select the proper resolution." Unchecking the box did allow me to change the dpi befor exporting but gave me a compresion opition 0-100%. Any suggestions for this setting and what does it do?
Thanks Guys
Howard

Doyle

I'm not a fan of Flexi's resampling abilities, etc. If you created the art in Flexi, I'm assuming it's vector? Export as an eps and bring into PS. Rasterize it at full size to 150 ppi. Or you can do it in Flexi. I think it's called resampling under the bitmap menu.

Ditto...... I've yet to export a bitmap from Flexi with great results. It always looks kinda grainy, though it's fine for proofing and whatnot. I print as PDF when possible for proofing. Photoshop does a much better job.