• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing Encoder Strip On SP540V

player

How difficult is it?

Is there any calibrations etc. that have to be done?

Is it as easy as just putting in a new one?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't around when they did it a the company I used to work for, but I was told it was easy. Just so you know, they are two sided and can be flipped upside down. You only need a new one if both top and bottom are damaged.

We called our supplier/tech support at Nazdar and they walked us through it.

Robert M

Easy

We have a generic one on our site if you are willing to trim it down to fit your printer
www.solventinkjet.com
Pm me your email address and I will send you the tech manual so you can see what is involved.

splizaat

Extremely easy. Put the machine in cleaning mode and do "replace wiper" then the head will go limp. Move it in the middle, there's ONE screw on the right that pinches the clear encoder strip into place and a spring on the other end. Easy...just make sure you don't kink it and that you thread it between the sensor on the actual head where it reads it.

Once you're done do a ink limit initialize (youtube it) and then environmental match.