• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing ink over to CYMK

hpkat

I want to change my ink over to CYMK from CYMKWWLmLc. I talked to a guy at Mimaki he told me what to do and that it was in the manual,but I can't find it in the manual so maybe I don't have one. I was hoping for some diagrams or something because he said something about changing the hoses over also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I am new to this industry and really want to learn all. Thanks

4R Graphics

Well its really not that hard you need to install the splitters into the ink lines. Then put new ink lines in(or you can flush the lines but best to replace them). I hope you have splitters if not you can get a hold of Mimaki there pretty friendly.

The splitters are just little T's with brass connectors like the dampers. What they do is allow ink to come from either print cartridge (the printer is smart if one cart gets low it will switch to the other).

Once you put the splitters in and new inklines all you need to do is put 2 of each color of cartridges in and make the change in the RIP and there you go not to hard.

Default from left to right is MM,CC,YY,KK

Very important go to this link http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80525&highlight=mimaki+biblehere on the forum it is the Mimaki Bible post by Artbot (thanks Artbot) download the files. The files are all the tech manuals and what not for the JV33 printers that are available.

hpkat

Mimaki CJV30-100

Hi again my printer is a Mimaki CJV30-100. I tried the link you put in the reply to me but it was no good. Anything else.I'm looking for a visual of how the ink tubing should go when changing over to cmyk.
Thanks

4R Graphics

read through the posts of the link I gave you.

Download the files it is good for your printer as well as the JV33 series (They are very similar).

The manuals in the link i gave you should have the info you need.

If you want I could get a pic of the ink lines behind the carts for you tomorrow if that will help.

4R Graphics

I had to run out so I went by the shop here is the pic showing the ink lines from under the cartridges.

The cartridges when at the front of the printer go MM, CC, YY, KK.
In the pic you are looking from the back of the printer so you see from left to right KK, YY, CC, MM.

The lines that run down to the dampers doesn't really matter which one goes to what damper as long as you put them on in the order of M, C, Y, K, K, Y, C, M.

So the dampers from left to right looking from front of printer are M,C,Y,K,K,Y,C,M this is the default setting you can change this in most rips and put them in any order you want but this is the best and the factory default.

Attachments

• Ink Lines.jpg
    Ink Lines.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 142

hpkat

Thank you soooo much for that picture. That helps me alot. I have another question. I noticed it looks like in the picture you may have a light magenta & a light cyan.does that matter ? I thought I would have to replace my lights for cyan & magenta? Do I? Sorry for so many questions. Again I really appreciate you getting me that picture you are a life saver!!
Thank you

4R Graphics

No there are not light anythings just CMYK its just the color of the tubing or something.

Yes you have to change out your lights for C and M

you will have 2 cartridges for each color when its done MM,CC,YY,KK.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Main thing you will need if you do not have them are the 8 little T connectors and fittings to create the H connections between each pair of lines. That is required for the machine to be able to automatically switch between cartridges.

The other thing I'd do at a minimum is to replace the 2 white dampers. The Lc and Lm ones could be used on C and M spots and the rest just swapped to their new correct positions on the head manifold.

As 4R mentioned with a dual CMYK setup the head will be configured as

MCYKKYCM

so you will want to rearrange the dampers on the lines for this. The Lc and Lm current dampers can just go to either of the C and M positions.

Realistically you could probably just leave them all and they will flush out with the new colors and all will be fine but I'd move them myself.

Of course in the Mimaki documentation you will need to follow the instructions for changing it in the printer menus as well where at some point you will tell it what the ink configuration is. In the end you will be happy with the results and your printer will be able to run literally twice as fast.

hpkat

Hi
Do I have to have cartridges that flush the ink out of the lines or does the machine just flush out the line?I know this is a dumb ?? Do I take out the ink cartridges before flushing the system? I wasn't sure if the printer would not work without them in, and if it would just keep taking the ink out of them if they were in,or if the machine is smart enough to know what i am doing .
Sorry I don't like not knowing all this but I learn as I do. Thank You so so so much for all your help.

hpkat

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showt...t=mimaki+bible

This is the only link I see and it's no good.When I click on it it say it does not exist.

This is from the site itself
"Sorry, this file is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the uploader, or has expired."

"This error is usually caused by requesting a file that does not exist."

Sorry to keep bothering you