• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing ink question

otctech

I am a technician at a company that has several Roland xc-540 LFP machines that we switched to Inktec eco solvent ink before I started working here. There is one printer that has been non operational since before the switch to Inktec ink. I am now in the process of refurbishing this machine. It still has the Nazdar Lyson ink in it from before we switched to Inktec. I would like to know what I need to do in order to switch out to Inktec ink ( i.e. Can I just put the new cartridges in or do I need to flush the lines out before putting Inktec ink in? If I do need to flush the lines what is the best way to do that? etc.). I am getting ready to install six brand new print heads on this machine and I want to make sure I do not damage any of them. My supplier didn't return my email and the inktec email address I got from their website doesn't work so I was hoping someone on here could help me out.

Thanks,
Shawn

Aqua5

I Use Roland VS-540 and I will change is SAM-INK Comming soon!!!

We switched to Sam Ink in our HP's and have had nothing but problems! The HP790 was working fine, and on a recommendation and the reduced cost our company went with it. We struggle to get quality prints. He have continual printhead dropout, and replaced everything from the needle assembly to the printheads and ink lines but the problem still exsists. I've seen major air bubbles after inserting their cartridges. Some or most of the gaskets in the cartridges are off center. There is dried up ink around there at times too. They recycle the HP 790 cartridges but they seem to not be cleaned very well. Also I've experiences lots of issues with the chipsets. Telling me to check the ink after I've run one print. Also my CP will say there is 83% ink in the cartridge and I pull it out and it's bone dry.

otctech

UPDATE:

Just in case anyone was wondering I flushed out the lines with Roland ink cleaning cartridges (I would pull several syringes through, let it sit for a day or two then pull more until I was pulling clear solution out. Very time consuming.) Installed all my new parts which was just about everything that could be changed because this machine was used as a parts machine for the 2+ years it was down (I have no idea why it was originally taken out of production), and it is running excellent for about a month. My boss was very impressed (I don't think he thought that that machine was ever going to run again) and everybody's happy. Thanks again for the advice everyone!

SAM*INK

BSc, MSc, MBA. Director & CEO.
We switched to Sam Ink in our HP's and have had nothing but problems! The HP790 was working fine, and on a recommendation and the reduced cost our company went with it. We struggle to get quality prints. He have continual printhead dropout, and replaced everything from the needle assembly to the printheads and ink lines but the problem still exsists. I've seen major air bubbles after inserting their cartridges. Some or most of the gaskets in the cartridges are off center. There is dried up ink around there at times too. They recycle the HP 790 cartridges but they seem to not be cleaned very well. Also I've experiences lots of issues with the chipsets. Telling me to check the ink after I've run one print. Also my CP will say there is 83% ink in the cartridge and I pull it out and it's bone dry.

Dear bigcat,

My name is Sam, director at SAM*INK®.
I am sorry to hear this. I promise to investigate this case.
Let me personally reach out and help you directly.
Please iMessage or whatsapp my personal iPhone at +65.9011.2282
I look forward to have a happy and life-long relationship with you bigcat.

Kind Regards,
Sam
Director, SAM*INK®
INKJET SYSTEMS Private Limited
16 Kallang Place. #04-22. Singapore 339156.
Tel: +65.6333.3302. Fax: +65.6341.7632.

Last edited: