• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

changing pinch roller assemblies, How?

landdesigns

Hello, I have a vp-300 Versacamm, the media is not running straight, I'm thinking it is the pinch roller assemblies they seem to have a lot of play, but tried to remove one of them and had no luck. Do I have to take the machine half apart to replace?

kanini

The pinch rollers have a large play from side to side and that's normal. Is the rubber on them worn? Have you checked the grit rollers for dirt, they can get quite messy after a while and then you have material slipping. Just my .02, hope you get it sorted!

rjssigns

You only replace the wheels on the far left/right, not the entire assembly. Be aware there are right and left wheels. (expensive too) May want to order a couple extra C-clips also.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hello, I have a vp-300 Versacamm, the media is not running straight, I'm thinking it is the pinch roller assemblies they seem to have a lot of play, but tried to remove one of them and had no luck. Do I have to take the machine half apart to replace?

When you work on equipment like this you have to operate on the principle that if it went together it most likely will come apart.

If the part you want to remove is not welded into place, you can remove and replace it. Just how much hardware you have to dismantle in order to do so generally varies based on how many times you've done it previously.