• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing Print head on Mutoh Valejet 1604

thevoice

High all my experience people,

i am looking to purchased a used Mutoh Valejet 1604 for printing directly on vinyl magnetic substrate to print car magnets. I am currently looking at at used Valejet 1604 but i will need to change the printer's heads. PLease any one has any ideas on how to go about it? Any help will be appreciated.

RG

Looks like a good place for you to start is a Service Manual. My internet is too slow to upload one, but if you ask, I'm sure that some one on this forum will send you one. Also, you might have to do some modifications to run vehicle magnetic media through a 1604. I wouldn't run it through my 1204, but I know another sign guy who put aluminum sheeting on the front and back of his 1204 and prints magnets all the time. Just be sure to put the head in the HIGH position. So, it is doable.