• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing Versacamm from White ink to all color

binki

I have had the Versacamm for 5 years and it was set up with the white ink option. I want to change it to full color without the white. I have had cleaning carts in the white spots for the last year.

Is this possible and is there anything special I need to do or do I need to change the print head?

timkaz227

I have had the Versacamm for 5 years and it was set up with the white ink option. I want to change it to full color without the white. I have had cleaning carts in the white spots for the last year.

Is this possible and is there anything special I need to do or do I need to change the print head?
I'm currently looking at a used machine w/ the same setup from my local Roland dealer. It's set up as cmykLcLmLkW. They offered to just put a cleaning cartridge in the white. They said if I wanted to change to cmyk cmyk, they would have to put cleaning cartridges in the four channels to flush the system and reconfigure the system. Note: They say that if the machine isn't running 8 hrs/day they would leave it as w/o the white to get better quality over speed increase.

In the past I had both cmyk+LcLmLkOr and cmyk only printer, the difference does not justify the speed, there is minimal difference on gradients only. Another advantage for CMYK is that you need to stock 4 cartridges and you know you're good, but you cannot pre-order Lk as it expires within a year and your printer uses is very very rarely (and sometimes suppliers does not stock these 'exotic' inks).

Changing your machines configuration can be very expensive as you need 8 cleaning cartridges + you pay 4h-6h work for a tech. If I were you i'd try to buy a used one with CMYK configuration and sell yours as is.

timkaz227

In the past I had both cmyk+LcLmLkOr and cmyk only printer, the difference does not justify the speed, there is minimal difference on gradients only. Another advantage for CMYK is that you need to stock 4 cartridges and you know you're good, but you cannot pre-order Lk as it expires within a year and your printer uses is very very rarely (and sometimes suppliers does not stock these 'exotic' inks).

Changing your machines configuration can be very expensive as you need 8 cleaning cartridges + you pay 4h-6h work for a tech. If I were you i'd try to buy a used one with CMYK configuration and sell yours as is.
Those are all good points, hadn't thought about it that way.