Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Versacamm from White ink to all color

Discussion in 'Roland' started by binki, Oct 12, 2018.

1. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    I have had the Versacamm for 5 years and it was set up with the white ink option. I want to change it to full color without the white. I have had cleaning carts in the white spots for the last year.

Is this possible and is there anything special I need to do or do I need to change the print head?

Tags:
  2. timkaz227

timkaz227 Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Charlottesville, VA
    I'm currently looking at a used machine w/ the same setup from my local Roland dealer. It's set up as cmykLcLmLkW. They offered to just put a cleaning cartridge in the white. They said if I wanted to change to cmyk cmyk, they would have to put cleaning cartridges in the four channels to flush the system and reconfigure the system. Note: They say that if the machine isn't running 8 hrs/day they would leave it as w/o the white to get better quality over speed increase.

3. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    In the past I had both cmyk+LcLmLkOr and cmyk only printer, the difference does not justify the speed, there is minimal difference on gradients only. Another advantage for CMYK is that you need to stock 4 cartridges and you know you're good, but you cannot pre-order Lk as it expires within a year and your printer uses is very very rarely (and sometimes suppliers does not stock these 'exotic' inks).

Changing your machines configuration can be very expensive as you need 8 cleaning cartridges + you pay 4h-6h work for a tech. If I were you i'd try to buy a used one with CMYK configuration and sell yours as is.

4. timkaz227

timkaz227 Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Charlottesville, VA
    Those are all good points, hadn't thought about it that way.

5. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    contact VanderJVanderJ they have all of the tools & knowledge to you change the colors out