• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Channel letter fabrication

montrealsigns

Hello I’m having difficulty getting information on what is needed and where to purchase tools and equipment for channel letter making. What are you using? And where did you purchase them? Pictures or links would be appreciated:) thank you

Bert Wondervan

For channel letter making, except equipment you need a lot of technical knowledge.
Search on YouTube, you will find more information on YouTube.

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Unless you are making 8 or more sets per month, sub it out to a vendor like sign fab, signs america, direct signwholesale. I have done the math already. I run 2 bucket trucks and 3 installers much better to keep the trucks on the road than guys in the shop making letters

Billct2

Start by finding out what is required for licenses. I used to make channel letters and then they required they be UL listed, wasn't worth it.

sign master

You can buy our Computerized Cutters Accu-Bend? That would give you a good start to creating returns for letters and logos.

MikePro

you would need to start by checking with ULC before making your final shopping list. Lotta channel letter fabricators out there shipping stuff to clients that aren't able to be installed because they lack electrical certification.
Otherwise, the upcoming ISA Sign Expo would be a great resource for you to explore equipment.

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
For automated benders, Accubend sales an okay entry level machine for basic block letters without difficult font styles but I have heard of many customer complaints with the management and customer support. CLN is better and have a pretty good bender especially for doing large radius letters. SDS Automation has by far the best benders and customer support. Their name used to be AdamsTech. The benders are capable of doing very precise bends and difficult letter styles. The software is more complicated as well as the machine so some might find them a little too complex. I wholesale trimless channel letters bent on an SDS bender. I also have UL certification. Let me know if I can be of assistance with channel letter fabrication advice or of course if you want to have me make letters for you.

There are many good routers out there. 70% of sign companies I've been to have Multicams. Just to qualify myself I've spent at least a week at Yesco, Allen Industries, AGI, Colite, Direct Sign Wholesale, and the list goes on and on. If you have any more questions about channel letters don't hesitate to ask because that is my area of expertise.

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
JEgMy8m7kTVr0gLWzUJ3piIQnlcMq_kh53ujXtTZy2zCseWU5O0qE1pzq0CYx5FDm23j3lh5IcNFe29gbIHQX7-whyAEppuH4WYMZ5UlGexgrVfABv8=w271
Here is an example of a trimless channel letter. A little more difficult to make but a lot cleaner looking.

montrealsigns

Thank you for the info Bradley D
But I’m mostly looking for info on manual tools and equipment for the moment. I can get the face and backing made by cnc by one of my suppliers and would like to do the rest of the work. Any suggestions

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
My background is in automation and so is my expertise. Even hand tools can be quite expensive. I use pipes of different radii, thumbs, and a variety of pliers to fine tune a bent letter. Sign shops have mechanized tools that will flange and notch a letter. A brake of some sort is pretty essential as well.