• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

channel letter spacers /stand offs

Jb1983

So the wholesaler I get channel letters made from does not supply spacers, as these particular ones are halo lit and they come with whimpy 1/8" studs. I want to put 1 1.5"-2" spacer on them that fits snug to the the studs to help strengthen and of course space them away from the backer panel. Rather than manually cutting 100 of these from some aluminum tubing what are my options? Id assume somebody sells these?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-unthreaded-spacers

Nowadays, hardware stores don't seem to be interested in carrying any sort of inventory, and they typically have only one or two of something when I need a dozen or more.

Instead of driving around town all day looking, I simply click on McMaster and it's on my door step the next day. They're my "go to" for just about everything mechanical. Their web page is like the Christmas catalog I enjoyed as a kid.

I see you're a fair stretch across the continent from me, but they have a distribution center in LA.

JB

Last edited:

ams

Never go longer than 1.5" that is standard and produces the best illumination. A good place for studs, spacers, etc is Grainger.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Aluminumspacers.com
We get 3/8” OD spacers with .26” ID for use with #10 and 1/4” studs. Buy in bulk and the price is pretty cheap