• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chapter 3...

JBurton

Signtologist
Here ya'll are with your cooky high concept series ideas, while I keep telling folks the sign business is ripe for reality TV. Duck Dynasty, but with cranes!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Duck Dynasty, but with cranes!
Huh? Aren't they just tall ducks?
800px-Double_Trouble_%284919788838%29.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
In a couple years you will look back and be grateful you made this difficult decision. Something much better will come from this, you just don't know what it is yet!

Might I suggest that while you are helping your parents, you take up a new hobby at their house since you will be spending a lot of time there? Maybe something you've wanted to do or try and you haven't had time to do?Something they may be able to help you with or something they might enjoy watching you do? It might not make them feel like such a burden and it gives you something positive to do with them.

I had a rough year personally and randomly decided to buy coin folders from Amazon - like all of them LOL. Somehow my parents got involved and now they help me collect. When I go to their house they have "new coins" for me. A few days my mom and I just sat and went through all our loose change, popped them in the books and make a list of the ones I still need. Or maybe you would enjoy learning to paint on canvas, and you could paint the objects in their home, a vase with flowers, etc. just some ideas!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It won't take a couple of years...I'm already grateful for the change. I've loathed the heat and Dallas traffic for the entire 23 years I've been here and both are getting worse. Some close friends are about the only things I'll miss.

Closing down a very successful business was definitely difficult, but now that it's done, I can't wait to get out of here.

My parents didn't know my wife and already had plans in motion to move up there. I went up to visit them a few weeks ago and my brother and I remodeled their bathroom to make it more old-folks friendly. One of the days, we drove them to the house we're buying and surprised them and told them we were moving up. They were thrilled, we had a really nice visit, lots of hugs goodbye because they were so happy. A week later, I was flying back up because my dad had a heart attack. One minute he was fine, a few minutes later he said something was wrong and told my mom to call an ambulance. By the time she did, he was passed out and never woke up again. So now my mom needs us more than ever. They worked hard to raise us. I'm fine being there to help for as long as she needs us.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Jesus that is terrible to hear. You will enjoy the remaining years with your mom though. That's what drove us to move to FL this summer.... Grandparents ageing and they don't have anyone else down here. We have no family in Dallas and they won't be around long so we said f- it, lets move near them and get whatever remaining time we have now.. because this won't be an option later. They were thrilled when we told them and it's nice being close with them. Besides, Dallas is only getting hotter and filling up with more Californians. :noway:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
My mom is 79, all alone taking care of 5 acres, her garden, small orchard, and her chickens, sometimes a cow or two. So I'm moving her here to be with us. She was supposed to move last fall, but she's got a lot to do to fully move over here... It' just taking more time. Hopefully this spring. Any way.... Good for you Moze, and I'm so sorry about your Dad. :(
The universe has some (seemingly) crazy timing.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Sorry to hear about your Dad, that's terrible news. Your family has my sympathy. Sounds like you have a solid plan and a great family, I hope you still stop by on here and continue to check in!