• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

charcoal gray for edge fx

Biggermens

Anyone know how to make or get charcoal gray for the edge fx ??

They have almost every color but that one :(

Thanks
Biggs

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Can't say for sure but you might want to print a Spectratone swatch of Dark Grey on Dark Grey or Dark Grey on Spot Black.

Biggermens

Ya I have not have a chance to do that and i have been looking for a spectratone book for a long time Its hard to find

maybe someone here know were i can find one :)

Thanks
Biggs

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ya I have not have a chance to do that and i have been looking for a spectratone book for a long time Its hard to find

maybe someone here know were i can find one :)

Thanks
Biggs

I have one I would sell ... but it would be pretty pricey.

The problem with the book is that it becomes less and less useful as new colors are released and, in particular, with the ability in later versions of Omega to use percentage fills for either layer of color. In addition, Omega has built in color matching that will suggest various Spectratone combinations from vinyl palettes, Pantone palettes, etc. So, for example, the following is suggested as the best match for 220 Charcoal vinyl in order of how close it would be:

1. Spot Brown on Spot Aqua
  2. Spot Brown on Spot Peacock Blue
  3. Spot Brown on Spot Green
  4. Spot Brown on Spot Dark Green
  5. Spot Brown on Spot Dark Grey

From this you would then print swatches on your Edge to see first hand how close a match it is.

color-id.jpg

Last edited:

Billct2

Isn't there an onboard program to print your own spectratone chart? I remember we did it when we first got our edge, just not sure how.