• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Charge for changes

WOODBS

What are you guys doing as far as amount of changes on a wrap design? Things like ...can you move the number forward, can you change to red, etc...

JoshLoring

Depends on what the original agreement was. Typically we include a certain amount of revisions in the original quote. Anything over would go hourly. If you charged a fee for the design without noting to the client revisions are extra- you might have an angry client. If they know ahead of time- your in the clear.

Also, we NEVER label things as "artwork." always use the term "layout." if you say artwork- the client thinks it's their property. If your anything like most shops, you do the package at a discounted rate in order to get future work. We invoice "layout" with client option to buy the "artwork" for an additional cost.

J

john1

Depends on what the original agreement was. Typically we include a certain amount of revisions in the original quote. Anything over would go hourly. If you charged a fee for the design without noting to the client revisions are extra- you might have an angry client. If they know ahead of time- your in the clear.

Also, we NEVER label things as "artwork." always use the term "layout." if you say artwork- the client thinks it's their property. If your anything like most shops, you do the package at a discounted rate in order to get future work. We invoice "layout" with client option to buy the "artwork" for an additional cost.

Have a shot of your invoice indicating a option to buy the "artwork"? Interested in how it's set up

Thanks!

JoshLoring

john1 said:
Have a shot of your invoice indicating a option to buy the "artwork"? Interested in how it's set up

Thanks!

Invoicing always says layout. Get them in your proofs. Then when they sign the final proof, they can't say otherwise. Our artworks proofs have a note on every page that says "artwork is property of Loring Studios unless purchased as part of a separate artwork package which would be listed on your invoice" along with other things for them to check like spelling.. Etc! Next time I'm around my comp I'll show you all what our proof page looks like.

JoshLoring

Here was a proof I sent out a week ago or so. You can see the tagline in the PDF file attached below. Hopefully this gives you guys a good idea how we proof things and how you can protect yourself.
And also, above all- I don't want to violate any terms here!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lobster-Vector1.0.pdf
    343.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Lobster_Vector1.0.jpg
    Lobster_Vector1.0.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 67