• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Charity Logo

CES020

I posted this in the premium section but didn't get any responses so Fred suggested it move to the main forum. I'll have to leave out some information that was in that thread because I don't need people googling the event and finding those details.

I have a family member that's doing a motorcycle ride from VA to the Badlands of South Dakota to raise money for breast cancer research. It's only 2 of them riding but they apparently have over 100 corporate sponsors at this point. Both ride Harley's and they are all about the Harley's. They always can be found at bike night at anywhere that has a bike night.

Many of their coworkers (office workers) have been given tasks and one of the office workers was given the task of designing a logo for it. They want to get t-shirts made as well as have posters printed. The graphic won't work for t-shirts or posters because it was designed in Powerpoint and it's really low in resolution. It's also not very "biker" friendly, with one of the hopes being that they can sell t-shirts at bike nights to raise money as well. Unfortunately, I don't think many bikers will be buying the existing design. I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to help cobble something together to help out. I can't promise they'll use anything we submit, because it's being run by committee at this point, but hopefully if it looks great, we can get some support.

They need a logo that's t-shirt friendly for a 6 color silk screen operation (they are having someone do them). Then, we'll print some posters as well (for free)

Here's some of the details :

Title - Badlands (f)or Bust
Covering 13 states, I think (I can check)
They require the pink ribbon. I had done a pink ribbon with a barbed wire outline that they liked, but that's as far as I got.
It needs to look like something a biker would buy, and wear.
Tattoo or old western type fonts.

I've attached what they have and would love ANY input or ideas from anyone on how to come up with something that rocks.

This was done in powerpoint by an admin at his office, and this is at full scale. Doesn't have to look ANYTHING like this. I'll present any ideas shown to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
badlands2.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What's the deadline to get your suggestions in?
I can try to help out if it is not due within the next few days.

wayne k
guam usa

visual800

The first thing you need to do is take that font and delete it off your computer and NEVER EVER use it again.

CES020

The first thing you need to do is take that font and delete it off your computer and NEVER EVER use it again.

I don't need to delete any fonts. Read what I wrote. Some admin in their office did it in Powerpoint. I had nothing to do with it. I'm trying to give them something they can use and helps raise money through shirt sales, as opposed to letting them use this terrible version and not sell any shirts because no one wants them.

There's not a "deadline" because they think they are using that one but the t-shirt vendor told them no one's going to buy them if they look like that, so now everyone is in limbo, not sure what to do. If I can't get them something better fairly soon, the window will close and they'll use that one. Or, they could not like what I offer them and not use that either.

They have no idea I'm even thinking about submitting something to them.

Even if we do come up with something, it's going to be free to them.

Biker Scout

Algerian looks fine as the Country Crock logo typeface. They get a pass. Everyone else has to delete it! (Along with Bleeding Cowboy)

Pat Whatley

Think more stereotypical biker shirt... I don't know why the jpeg files are sticking a blue pinline around "for bust" in the ribbon. It's not there on my files but you get the point.

Attachments

• badlands1.jpg
    badlands1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 85
  • badlands 2.jpg
    badlands 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 96
  • badlands 33.jpg
    badlands 33.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 103
  • badlands 34.jpg
    badlands 34.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 138
  • badlands 2546.jpg
    badlands 2546.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 93

Biker Scout

That's really nice Pat!

Here's my 15 minute throw down... not as good as yours. I was trying real hard to stay away from the stereotype stuff, but I just had to add the skull rider with the pink bandana.
I also changed their ride to read, "Badlands For Busts" because I felt that reads better, and you still get the point.
Badlands For Busts.jpg

Pat Whatley

The vertical treatment is sweet. Different and interesting. I went stereotypical because, well because have you ever seen pictures of a bike rally? :Big Laugh

I also changed their ride to read, "Badlands For Busts" because I felt that reads better, and you still get the point.

I could not agree more. I know they are trying to be cutesy with it and he'll never be able to get them to change but the "(f) or bust" isn't working.

Biker Scout

Gee... me? No... never seen anything to do with motorcycles! :Big Laugh

I started with "What would I like to wear?" (or better yet... what would I be "willing to wear" that has a pink ribbon on it?)

I hope the ride name isn't set in stone. That's really lame with the bracket

Marlene

I do like what Biker did as it is clear what this ride is about and even says Charity ride for those who still won't get it. not the time to be cute as it's too small of an event for that.

CES020

WOW!!!!!! Incredible work guys! I just had my family member here and I pulled them both up on the screen and he was blown away. I printed them out and we both come to the conclusion that we like both of them!

He's taken the print outs (along with a print out of the original) with him and he's heading off to try and get one or both incorporated into the project.

Super, super work guys. I'll post more when I hear back from him.

I'd wear both of them!

CES020

LOL - that's almost exactly what they started with. It started as my family member just doing it, then it turned into his employer getting on board and trying to pull in everyone they could. Once they got on board, then the rules changed and it turned into "You can't have that,it's not the message we want to be associated with.

Tiki

Font Sage
Something with a Pinstripe Design around a ribbon

Attachments

• BADLANDSTEE.jpg
    BADLANDSTEE.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 137

screener24242

thought Id' toss in one for fun, nothing fancy. needs a lot of work but I only spent 20 minutes on it.

Attachments

• badlands.jpg
    badlands.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 158