• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chatterbox INTERIOR SIGN for lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatterbox

Here is the design as a sign designer would design it.

Don't trip potato chip. We still love you, man.

Get a clue. Read my book.

Last edited:

cgsigns_jamie

Hello again Mike,

My opinion:

1 - I'd like to see "ChatterBox" in white or blue acrylic on a solid orange acrylic panel. I really don't like the gradient fill.

2 - Your services look disconnected spread out the way they are. I'd like to see the black acrylic backer expended on the bottom to make room for white acrylic letters. Then have "Sign Design • Consulting • Instruction • Branding" on one line.

Otherwise I like your concept and think it'd make for a very nice lobby sign.

SignManiac

I really like the font you used for your sign specification listings. It's contemporary and serious looking at the same time.

cgsigns_jamie

Here's a RGB... can you see this?

Attachments

• 1_main_cbox_design.jpg
    1_main_cbox_design.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 88

Mosh

I see it now...and wish I hadn't. Is that customer generated art? I hope so cause it looks like it.

Salmoneye

Forget the sign, I really like the way your layout on your proof sheet looks. How exactly are you doing all of that? Is it as much work as it looks like? How is this process automated if at all? i.e. showing the boundaries of different elements of the sign etc... I do color proofs of my a.i. files but this setup looks really professional to me.

chatterbox

SalmonEye.

The design was made specifically SMALL to be cut out of scrap. As brushed aluminum is expensive.

So, I had the guy cut all the material out of scrap so it is made for next to nothing. The design was intentional.

I have to assemble it.

The trick is looking at the LAYERS of this sign design. It will look really nice. Of course, it is bizy, who cares. Obviously a lot of people on Signs101. But this is my design and everyone I have shown it to here in Torrance, Long Beach really like it. I had one guy wanted to put his company name on it.

The process is simple. Everything is CUT by hand on a bandsaw or by jig.

The layout of dimensions and call-outs are the standard that I have learned from a young woman who started in the business when CORELDRAW 1 came out years ago.

Her name is Jamie Walker from Laguna Beach CA. She is an incredible freelancer who still works for many sign companies in Southern California. I received her drawings and that is how I learned. She never even knew it.

She also does sign programs, comprehensive sign packages, that would really up the game of your sign design.

Those things can make someone $2,000 - $4,000 a pop. MASTER SIGN PROGRAMS.

That is a WHOLE NATHA LEVAH.

chatterbox

SalmonEye.

You can create SIGN LAYOUTS and DRAWINGS in AI just fine and assemble everything in ADOBE ACROBAT PROFESSIONAL.

A lot of sign companies use ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR to make sign presentations for clients and customers.

Just get some of the drawings off my website. Use that template.

Late. I am going surfing, babay.

OldPaint

SalmonEye.

The design was made specifically SMALL to be cut out of scrap. As brushed aluminum is expensive.

So, I had the guy cut all the material out of scrap so it is made for next to nothing. The design was intentional.

I have to assemble it.

The trick is looking at the LAYERS of this sign design. It will look really nice. Of course, it is bizy, who cares. Obviously a lot of people on Signs101. But this is my design and everyone I have shown it to here in Torrance, Long Beach really like it. I had one guy wanted to put his company name on it.

The process is simple. Everything is CUT by hand on a bandsaw or by jig.

The layout of dimensions and call-outs are the standard that I have learned from a young woman who started in the business when CORELDRAW 1 came out years ago.

Her name is Jamie Walker from Laguna Beach CA. She is an incredible freelancer who still works for many sign companies in Southern California. I received her drawings and that is how I learned. She never even knew it.

She also does sign programs, comprehensive sign packages, that would really up the game of your sign design.

Those things can make someone $2,000 - $4,000 a pop. MASTER SIGN PROGRAMS.

That is a WHOLE NATHA LEVAH.

Of course, it is bizy, who cares...................YOUR OPINON!!!!!!!!!!!
SAYS IT ALL.
"

Her name is Jamie Walker from Laguna Beach CA. She is an incredible freelancer who still works for many sign companies in Southern California. I received her drawings and that is how I learned. She never even knew it."

SOOOOOO............ i read all about FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT, and ive been to falling waters, BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE ME A WORLD RENOWN ARCHITECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i read TOLSTOY ...............WHAT IS ART.............HAVE YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.