• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Droid 4.0 ICS Tablet

Locals Find!

Just got a tablet given to me from Big lots this week from my girlfriend. They were on sale for $89, well out of the box its useless however, this tablet was very easy to flash the ROM on and make it a full tablet with access to the market.

Anyone looking to get a tablet and not interested in spending a fortune should look for one of these deals. They aren't perfect they won't run netflix but, everything else works great.

Its only 7 inches but more than adequate for running my email, calendar and skyping on during the day. Way better than an extra monitor slated to these tasks takes up a lot less room.

Just wanted to share anyone interested in flashing their tablet and putting on a new ROM let me know I will share the forum where I got the instructions and the new ROM.

Gene@mpls

Hi Addy- is jelly bean available for your model? I am looking at a refurb from
Moto (10.1)($280) and the forums say that the JB update is rolling out. I like my
Galaxy tab 10.1 but getting impatient for ICS- I can't imagine how long it will
take for JB. Gene

ironchef

I got ics llike a month ago. So no. I dont think the xoom is the first one. Maybe the xyborg or xoom 2 but xoom 1. Has been forgotten

ironchef

Yea. Vizio uses same parts as one of the big names. Or something like that. All the goodies without the hype

slipperyfrog

I run the HP Touchpad 32gb rooted over to ICS. Got four of these during the blowout. Nightly updates from Cyanmod. Love it.

cyanogenmod.com

heyskull

What make an model is it?
Does it support Android 4.0?
What is ICS?!! or am I being a numpty?
Will they ship to the UK

Cheers
SC

Gene@mpls

What make an model is it?
Does it support Android 4.0?
What is ICS?!! or am I being a numpty?
Will they ship to the UK

Cheers
SC

Not sure who you are asking for a model #? ICS (IceCreamSandwich) is
the 4.0x that you are asking about- the next OS in line is JB (Jellybean) which
is android 4.1. Not sure what an numpty is but I am probably one as well-
I have issues without number.

heyskull

LOL
Numpty (Humpty Dumpty)
Just looking for a cheap android tablet with Android 4.0 or higher.
Prices in the UK are stupid and most are still shipping 2.3!

SC