• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Laminator.. Worth it? or Neh?

MP Custom

Hi all and Happy Chocolate weekend!
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these cheap cold Laminators?
My Ezy Taper is giving me some grief, (it is over 10 years old and the company doesn't seem to be around anymore)
I mainly use it for short runs of decals, But sometimes 1350mm x 2400mm Sheets as well.
I am not expecting a heck of a lot at that price, But the decent ones are almost 10x the cost!
Thanks in advance!
cold-laminator-m124-10_2048x2048.jpg

MP Custom

I have had one for about 5 years, and not a day goes by that I dont use it. It is awesome for quickly mounting anything that fits. I do tons of 2'x4' Trophy checks on coro with it for a few local racetracks,
Yard signs, if you make a tube holder above it to hold mask, it is awesome for applying it to cut vinyl. and it's perfect if I dont feel like unloading the 60" laminator for something small.
If you buy it you wont be disappointed.
That is good to hear Bubba06. Thank you!

Craig Keller

Show pics of it with tube holder. Thanks!

I have had one for about 5 years, and not a day goes by that I dont use it. It is awesome for quickly mounting anything that fits. I do tons of 2'x4' Trophy checks on coro with it for a few local racetracks,
Yard signs, if you make a tube holder above it to hold mask, it is awesome for applying it to cut vinyl. and it's perfect if I dont feel like unloading the 60" laminator for something small.
If you buy it you wont be disappointed.

walton611

I have one for dirt bike graphics, do 22 mil graphics on it and it works great, I bought at 28" I should have just bought the 51" one right off the back

Craig Keller

My 51in was damaged during shipping. Poorly packaged for a large machine. Then they us Fedex to ship. The 28in was packaged very well!
Seller did compromise and I did keep it. Over all a good machine for the money.

nssignguy

I am thinking about getting one of these just for quick easy jobs but I have a 54" printer. Don't they make larger ones? This size seems a bit weird. Also, where do you suggest to buy one of these or which vendor so I don't get screwed? I am in Canada.

wes70

I am thinking about getting one of these just for quick easy jobs but I have a 54" printer. Don't they make larger ones? This size seems a bit weird. Also, where do you suggest to buy one of these or which vendor so I don't get screwed? I am in Canada.

Try ASC365. They have the 63" . Sometimes they have the 63" on Amazon a little cheaper.

mikesign

Spend the extra money and get something a little better. Try US Tech in orlando. Got one 5 years ago and have had no problems.