• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Panel Saw

uneedasign

I Finished the saw. I didn't like the plans that came with the saw kit, so I purchased these plans http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/produc...&offerings_id=5311&catid=7&objectgroup_id=293 and made it 14' long. I also purchased the 60" rail kit, so I can cut 5'x12' Aluminum. The saw was relatively easy to make, however it took much longer than I expected. I have about $450.00 total into this and so far it seems to cut really nice.
I hope this helps.
Saw_1.JPG Saw_2.JPG Saw_3.JPG Saw_4.JPG Saw_5.JPG

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Actually, that’s not bad. I hope it remains square for you, since you used wood for everything. What are you using for ‘Stay-Downs’ ?? Are there any in-place clamps to prevent any pieces from flying off without your holding them or clamping it ??

You might want to think about re-enforcing your top and bottom bolts that are holding your guide bars down, because they take a beating every time you cut.
saw braces.jpg

Also, it’s hard to see from your photos if you can take the saw out and run it horizontally, but if you change the direction….. how do you move the substrate through ?? It would help to have some kind of wheels or bearings for the substrate to ride along at the bottom.

Marlene

how square are your cuts? that's the hard part of this do-it-yourself kit. were you able to build it so you can adjust it when it's off or is it OK?