• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check out my nozzle check

benski

Lost all 3 printers same day. Can somebody look at my attachment and let me know what caused this? It is a nozzle check on a rj900x dye sub printer. Where can I start troubleshooting? All parts maybe 6 months old...New maintenance station, new print head, new dampners. Printer been running great. Clean all necessary parts daily.
My other 2 printers one dye sub and one eco sol lost several channels of ink. From 3 perfectly running printers to not single one being able to print now.
We just had a heat wave for about a week here temps reached 95 deg F. Is this the cause? Unfortunately my building has no AC.

Attachments

• IMG_1865.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 226

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's an electrical failure. Check the head cables for ink splatter or damage and replace if needed. It could be as simple as a short caused by ink splatter or it could be a fried head or board.

benski

That's an electrical failure. Check the head cables for ink splatter or damage and replace if needed. It could be as simple as a short caused by ink splatter or it could be a fried head or board.
I see. I was thinking electrical also. I do have extra set head cables. Really hope it’s not the head just installed new earlier this year. Thanks for help!

benski

When you say board do you mean main board or the small CR head board?

benski

Thanks! you were right ink splatter on head cables, after cleaning all pins got it back working! 12 years of printing I have never encountered this.