• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check out this print test....

klmjff

So, someone told me this printer was in excellent condition and the print heads were perfect. This is the print test they sent me...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    601.4 KB · Views: 113

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Bad caps on magenta and yellow. If not then head not alligned with caps. If it has been sitting for a while this could be normal.

astro8

yes, but you're heads are getting better and better as you are testing...keep going man!

astro8

have you ran some deep clean cycles?

..ahh I see now, this is the test they sent you?..WTF?

DRamm76

Change out the capping stations first, maybe even the dampers as well. Run two medium strength cleanings before a powerful then see what it looks like.

I would also inquire as to how long this machine may have been sitting with the power off from the time it was delivered to you to the time you turned it on

1. Replace the caps ($25 each)
2. Do a power clean, or (best) use a syringe to pull ink from the new cap tops with heads seated.
3. use swabs to clean the heads if the syringe doesn't work.
4. Last, if all else fails.... replace the head

S

scarface

If you buy this printer be prepared to buy caps, pumps, dampers and two printheads.

I'd recommend buying a new unit like i did.

I have a brand new i series and those problems that were common shouldn't be happening with this one.

Used is never a good idea IMO because people don't know how to take care of anything....as you can see. Not saying everyone but alot don't take care of equipment.

JET

Fix

What is happening is one side of the head is not getting any ink.
There are two dampers for each head and one side is getting all the ink.
You can disconnect the drain tube then install a syringe to it to pull ink through the heads. Before you do this take off the cover for the heads and crimp off the damper supply tube that is good. This way when you pull on the syringe it will only pull from the clogged side. What happens is the inks flows to the easiest way it can go. So when you do the cleanings it just pushes the ink to the side that works.

Check the ink level to. Most of the time this happens when the level gets low.

If your caps are bad it will dry the heads. A way to know if your caps are bad is when you are pulling the ink with the syringe. If it is hard to pull ink and you get a lot of ink in the tube then your caps are good.
If it is easy to pull the syringe and not much ink comes in the tube and you hear a leak then the caps are not be sealing.

JET

I had the same problem yesterday after doing a maintenence cleaning.
Everything worked fine until I did the cleaning then the yellow did not work. This happens more when you are low on ink. Rather than do a powerful cleaning and wasting a lot of ink plus wearing out the heads I did this.
testprintyellow.JPG

Plug the drains for the heads that are clogged or use a crimp. Since you need to hook up a syringe it is better to plug it.
cleaning1.JPG
http://www.jetsignage.com/roland/cleaning1.JPG
Fill up caps that are clogged with cleaning fluid and push heads back onto cap to soak.
cleaning2.JPG
Then
hook up a syringe to the drain tube and pinch the supply tube on the side of the head that is working and pull on the syringe at the same time. This will pull ink into the head to the side that was not working. You only need to pull a little bit of ink. It should have resistance. If not your cap seals may be damaged. If you do not pinch the supply tube it may just pull to the good side and not fix the problem.
cleaning3.JPG

Reconnect the drain tube and do a test print to see if it worked. I also print a 4 color row of ink to get the ink flowing.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
excellent work jet. not only explaining, but adding pics.

i think your hard work here should be rewarded with a few month subscription to the premium section...