Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check the Price of ACM before you bid

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Texas_Signmaker, Jan 3, 2019.

1. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Central Coast California
    If American corporate leaders are losing all these sales opportunities, how is it that our GDP has remained fairly steady year after year since globalization has started even though our percentage of the global GDP has steadily dropped? Its probably because they have their fingers in so many multinational subsidiaries that money and capital really doesn't know national boundaries anymore. With headquarters, banking, investments, etc. located around the globe, there really are very few truly "American" large companies anymore.

The genie will never be put back in the bottle and you aren't going to reverse trends now being buoyed by the buying power and influence of 2 billion newly conscripted mass consumers in India and China.

Its an interconnected world and none of us individually are responsible for the long term trends occurring here and abroad. Collectively though, our buying habits, apathy, ignorance of economics and our political choices have enormous influence on these issues. Where this whole exercise breaks down is in the rapidly destabilizing effects of extreme income and wealth inequity here in the U.S.

During the 50's-70's when our global dominance was unquestioned, top tax rates were in the 75-90% on very high incomes above the first several million earned, union membership was substantial and the ratio between executive and average worker pay was roughly 30 to 1. Now its 400 to 1 and both corporate taxes and high income tax rates are a fraction of what they were during that greatest era of economic expansion. Rebalancing those factors will only do so much before more automation and he climate crisis makes us all rethink what "work" actually is.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. LarryB

LarryB Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Webster, Texas
    I’ve been paying the same price through Reece Supply in Houston the past 6 months.

3. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    The Genie could be put back in the bottle if they stopped the abusive practices in finance and used a drastic simplification of finance.
    Take the largest telecom-equipment manufacturer company in the world like Huawei, run by the Chinese government. They have stolen all the intellectual information from companies like Apple and Nokia. They go into places and cut costs and sell their wares to countries cheaper than other companies. They are not allowed to operate in the US. Canada deals with them. Right now the US has had Canada arrest the female CFO in Vancouver on conspiring to defraud banks causing them to violate American sanctions on Iran. She has been released on 7.5 million dollar bond.

This is way off the subject of the ACM being more expensive but after reading Toad's post above and pushing his ideas on magic Genies and my apathy and ignorance and then ending up with global warming, well I just got down on the floor under my desk and clasped my hands over my head. Maybe my robot friends who work with me, Michael Mutoh and Sammy Summa will save my butt from the doomsday.

• Like Like x 1