• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check this out...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I have a fond affection for the Kauffman Foundation (for entrepreneurs). They have some excellent programs for young and old entrepreneurs alike. I was browsing their site today and found this organization started by a young teacher concerned about students at risk.

http://wishbone.org/

Take a look and check back in with what you think. Essentially, it's an organization that "group funds" students-in-need with an extra curricular activity that has the potential to change their lives dramatically. It appears that administration costs for this program are approx. 10% of a student's overall request. After doing some brief checking around at other organizations, this seems to be very modest percentage.

I thought it would be fun perhaps, for a bunch of us to "gang up" on a particular student that appears to be limited in their chances of funding and help change a life.

What do you think?

JB