Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check this out...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by James Burke, Aug 18, 2012.

1. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I have a fond affection for the Kauffman Foundation (for entrepreneurs). They have some excellent programs for young and old entrepreneurs alike. I was browsing their site today and found this organization started by a young teacher concerned about students at risk.

http://wishbone.org/

Take a look and check back in with what you think. Essentially, it's an organization that "group funds" students-in-need with an extra curricular activity that has the potential to change their lives dramatically. It appears that administration costs for this program are approx. 10% of a student's overall request. After doing some brief checking around at other organizations, this seems to be very modest percentage.

I thought it would be fun perhaps, for a bunch of us to "gang up" on a particular student that appears to be limited in their chances of funding and help change a life.

What do you think?

JB

Tags: