• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Checking F2 / F3 fuses

Vinyldog

Hi. I've seen several mentions of checking the F2 & 3 fuses on the SP540V mother board. Is this done with an ohm meter or something?
Also, I have a job to run that is simply Black on White so if I swap the ribbon cables from the MY head which is working fine, to the CB head and change the color to Magenta on the design it should print black if the black head working, right?

Ragnabrok

Most multi meters have a continuity check, it beeps when the contacts are connected, in this case, through a fuse.

Swapping the head cables will work in theory, alignment might be an issue, with the printer thinking it's printing with a head that is more than an inch away from where it actually is.

Vinyldog

Thanks. It was interesting tinkering with this thing for awhile but now I’ve worn all the fun off of it. It’s time to call RAS and sink a bunch of money into it or just trash it.