• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevy billboard, drawn with markers

Craig Sjoquist

Clever billboard and message good layout as always by GMC but words could have been bigger or better kerning for better reading.

MikePro

i think they tried to comply with OSHA standards by having him wearing a hard-hat when the camera showed the full view of the scaffold with him up in the air. But there was no hard-hat in the close-up shots.

cdiesel

And where's his safety harness!? Lol

Funny thing is, with the price of billboard printing, it cost them a ton more to have that hand drawn than it would have to have had it printed.

JERHEMI

I sure hope that was in a different country...I saw that 60k and 70k price tag it better not be USD! haha

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Remember folks this is an ad. It is not a documentary. Just like the cars that drive wildly in the ads (closed course, professional driver), safety is not an issue. This is obviously a one off job. Sure hand drawing dozens or hundreds of these does not make sense. That is not the point of the ad

rfulford

Thats got to be a complete lie. Billboards are going for $.49 a sqft maybe less. I sincerely doubt any money was saved ;)

Nice billboard and commercial though.

Joe Diaz

Yeah how do you save money by hand drawing a billboard? That artist should be charging up the _____ for that. LOL

2972renfro

Thats got to be a complete lie. Billboards are going for $.49 a sqft maybe less. I sincerely doubt any money was saved ;)

Nice billboard and commercial though.

What about the cost of paying a professional photographer to take pictures of the cars and then an ad agency to have them design the layout, crop the photos, color correct the photos and whatever else is involved in producing a design for a billboard

My guess is for 1 billboard, hand drawn is less

But then the average person seeing this ad will not know or care.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than the fact, that none of the cars have steering wheels... impressible in a days work.

I wonder if they really went cheap and didn't get a second or third color in there for a reason ?? I mean, c'mon.... two more markers couldn't have cost that much more............:rolleyes:

OldPaint

i guess they feel like most who are buying and doing DIGITAL PRINTS, hand drawing has less value))))))))))))))))))))))

Si Allen

Duuuuh!

Ever think of the publicity value of people stopping to watch it being drawn and then talking about it?