• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevy Express Wrap

Aaron Kitchens

Just a quick question, How long should this have taken me? One person, Oracal 970 Matte Mint With Printed Oracal 3751 Graphics Lammed with 290...2014 Chevy Express. Full roof as well
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5504.jpg
    IMG_5504.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5509.jpg
    IMG_5509.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5513.jpg
    IMG_5513.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_5495[1].jpg
    IMG_5495[1].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 152

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
With the full roof plus everything printed is an overlay that gets applied separate I'd be more like two full long days on that, especially once I add in the extra time to thoroughly clean the roof which you know is dirty as all get out....

T_K

This would probably take me 2-3 full days. But I've never done a color change before - just full print - so I'm adding time in for the new experience.

Looks like you did a good job. I don't personally like the mint color (no professional criticism there), but it's effective with the roses overlaid on top.

Aaron Kitchens

Thanks y'all. I clocked right at 26 hours for cleaning(it was way dirty), wrap, print, lam, cut and install graphics & post heating the crap out of everything...Which seemed a little long but i'm overly critical especially on the deep recesses. But if a things worth doing it's worth doing right... And no the matte mint was not my choice but it really grew on me as it went.

Kwiksigns

wookie
We would knock that out in a day. 8-10 hours. That would only be the installation though. The roof and gutter would have taken extra time which is why I say 8-10. I knock out these vans in 8 hours by myself including a wipe down with alcohol... But i've done a ton of these. People usually need them back the same day. My old installer would take 2 full days... We had to let him go.
I would have printed the whole thing. If they brought it dirty like you say... We would have told them it would be delayed 1 day and charge them to clean it... at least $100, probably more because you did the roof. But we tell them that prior to dropoff.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I've seen many wraps done "fast". All hack jobs! 2-3 days minimum on install alone.

Aaron Kitchens

Wow 8-10 That's quick, but I guess y'all are Kwiksigns...It was my first Express and probably my 5th full vehicle wrap, (I've done a few large trailers and box trucks too). I have a tendency to treat them all as show wraps...which I know I should let some things go on a commercial wrap... but that's hard for me. I would have printed the whole dude but they wanted matte wrap with gloss graphics. I was well within my bid for the job, so the boss was happy and the customer was ecstatic all around. I knew it would take me a bit so I informed the customer and allowed myself plenty of time to check and recheck. I did 6 hours on a Sat., the rest were mostly broken hours while answering the phone, talking with other customers, design work, ect. Since we're a pretty high volume shop for just 3 people i'm unable to focus on a single job during the weekdays.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah didn't realize it was matte with glossy graphics. That would take a little more time. We are a pretty small shop, just 3 of us as well. Once you do about 20-30 of them and start looking at other peoples quality of wraps, you will be surprised at how much better yours look. You will get better, learn tricks, learn how all the different vinyls work.

We do a lot of temporary graphics... We did 2.5 highlanders yesterday in 8 hours. That was me and my installer. No cleaning. We are taking them off tomorrow. We do food trucks in one day but they are being taken off in 4 days... you don't do rivets. You rough cut stuff. It looks like crap to us but everyone always comments on how amazing it looks.

On another note, we are actually rebranding and changing over to RoadrunnerWraps, as wraps have taken about 75% of our business.

And I am sorry myront... but 2-3 days when you are a high volume shop for a commercial wrap on a chevy express van is absolutely unacceptable. When I say "commercial" I mean we aren't removing headlights, mirrors, handles, going in door jambs, etc... It does not mean we cut corners, put patches, do sloppy cuts, overstretch, etc.. I am very picky in everything I touch. I am sure you have seen "hack jobs" BY hack jobs. I have taken the time to learn excel in this field and just because I can wrap something fast doesn't mean it is any lesser in quality. That also goes to say that people we have hired are mostly not up to my expectations. Just sayin.

Rebel Graphics

Thanks y'all. I clocked right at 26 hours for cleaning(it was way dirty), wrap, print, lam, cut and install graphics & post heating the crap out of everything...Which seemed a little long but i'm overly critical especially on the deep recesses. But if a things worth doing it's worth doing right... And no the matte mint was not my choice but it really grew on me as it went.
I let my prints gas out overnight, once I have all prints laminated.... I would say two days to complete that job

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
8 hours and superb quality is not impossible. I wrap these vans in 8-10 hours myself with superb quality. Including debadge/wipe/install/post heat. I would say another 2 hours maybe 3 for the roof. I hate to do roof by myself.