• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevy Tailgate Wrap Pricing

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
There's a reason I posted here first :Big Laugh We're actually down around $365 now, but don't have the media pricing locked down yet... $500 was definitely too high based on what I know now.

And I don't plan on practicing on the customer's vehicle. We have two work vehicles here I can toy around with, plus some personal vehicles that can be used. I understand there is a lot to learn with experience, but I've been doing my research. The first (and only) fence I have built came out pretty good thanks to the internet :wink:

Yeah man. We all started somewhere.

Mosh

The bad thing for you if this is your first wrap a roll of film and a roll of lam are going to cost you 20x's what you are going to get back...so I guess $500 would be a start.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds a little high to me, also. We've done a bunch of these over the years and usually they will fall into the high $300's to low $400's. An hour to design a tailgate is a tad high also. It better be some masterpiece.

While doing a full wrap, you will be giving some discount based on volume, but doing a one-off tailgate..... well, if you can get $500...... more power to ya. Just do a little research and see how many of them you get in the next year. If your local market can support that kinda price, great. :thumb:

NotADesigner

The bad thing for you if this is your first wrap a roll of film and a roll of lam are going to cost you 20x's what you are going to get back...so I guess $500 would be a start.

Tell me about it... got a 16 roll media rack in December, and looking at it now, there are at least 8 rolls of 54" media on there. We don't have a problem spending the money, and don't plan to make it all back on one job, but we are definitely still in the ramping up phase. Definitely a big change from just digital printing where you buy paper, order (included in contract) toner and print away.

Gino - The hour included meeting with the customer and talking about what they wanted. This really started as a 12" x 12" sticker with another vinyl going across the tailgate, and grew from there. I agree that $500 is high, we never quoted them that price and have come down from our original estimate.

NotADesigner

Speaking of media, our paper supplier is going to send samples of MacTac Gruv GV929BFD and GF242 laminate. Obviously I'm not tied to using that combo if I don't like it, the alternative would be going to Grimco for the IJ180cv3-10 and compatible laminate. Both options will be here within a day once they're ordered, anything else I think is outside of that timeframe. Not that it matters at the moment, but I like to keep my suppliers close since my customers are demanding!