• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

chime in about roland pc60 color camm

I have an opportunity to purchase a pc60 plotter real cheap.
The plotter is about 2 hours away from my home.I have been in the need of a back up plotter and it would be nice to print an occasional color banner or heat transfer. What scares me is the guy sez he never used this plotter and that he got it on a trade? also it doesnt have a BLade? so I would need to know if you can press any buttons to test cut without this being connected to a pc. I do have an xtra blade to bring to check this
I would really appreciate comments So that I am not wasting 4 hours driving there and back
thanks
the falcon

yukon

I owned a PC 60 for 13 years. I sold it last winter because I upgraded finally to an Inkjet.
Blades are easy, it uses the same Roland blade and blade holder as the Roland Camm-1 cutters.
You can use it for heat transfers, but I wouldn't use it for printing banners. The ink cost would be ridiculous, and I'm not even sure there is a 24" thermal print banner material out there.

Yukon

biggieg

There is a self print test and cut test in the menu. The thermal print head is about 800 bucks so make sure you do a print test as well.

Jim Doggett

It's most useful as a cutter, or very short run stuff. The ribbon cost is what gets it on large work. Ecosols are printing in the $1 / sq ft range; ColorCAMM is nearer to $8. So you can probably buy wholesale for less money, on larger projects. It depends on how cheap "really cheap" is, compared to the extra profit it'll generate.

My $0.02,

Jim

Ok so what I read previous I shouldnt use this as a printer but as a plotter is it good? can I still buy main boards for it or is that not a real concern?
and I use corel 12 and windows xp is there a plugin so I can use this?
thanks
the falcon
oh what do i hit on the menu in case I am having problems finding the test cut
I'll 2 miles past where god lost his shoes

Jim Doggett

Ok so what I read previous I shouldnt use this as a printer but as a plotter is it good? can I still buy main boards for it or is that not a real concern?
and I use corel 12 and windows xp is there a plugin so I can use this?
thanks
the falcon
oh what do i hit on the menu in case I am having problems finding the test cut
I'll 2 miles past where god lost his shoes

Hi Falcon,

It'll print, and can be used as such. Banner and larger work you'll want to still send out. But a couple T Shirt transfers or small digital images, great. And no waiting or hassle of outsourcing.

Plus, cut, indeed. It's still a very capable plotter. BTW, what do you use now to cut with from Corel? If it can send HPGL, or has Roland plotter drivers, you're good to go.

Best,

Jim

iSign

just say what real cheap is (plus 4 hr driving, & associated testing investments)

because i'll bet there are a lot of real cheap plotters, with blades, already hooked up to computers to be tested by a seller who HAS used it & KNOWS it's condition

I have a graphtec 5000 but it has there special super duper exclusive plugin
Unfortunately I am in central AZ and have more time than money

Sign Works

Falcon, you might actually get more real help on issues if you enter a real location on your profile instead of " in a house"

Here are instructions to perform a "self test" or print test on the machine, also there should be cut test button on the keypad, both of these tests do not require PC connectivity.

Weasel, what in God's name would we ever do without your uniquly original ColorCamm boat anchor door stop remarks?

Attachments

• pc-60_selftest.pdf
    391.6 KB · Views: 143

BobM

I have a PC 60 that I use for small hurry up jobs at full list price. It works well, is expensive to use, but doesn't owe me anything and really helps in a pinch.