• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question China Laminator

Branko

Has anyone had experience ordering a laminator from China. I'm thinking of ordering from Sign-in-China a 63 laminator. Has anyone ordered anything from them/ Any bad experiences?

RapidPrint

Hi Branko,

We have ordered Mefu laminator from China - they are the manufacturers and have a good quality and service. We have a 1700mm Wide laminator - Cost was around 1350 US dollars - We are in New Zealand - have paid sales tax on that around 150 US dollars here in NZ. Machine works well and is automatic with air pressure lifting up the rollers and getting it down. Also has a manual mode for rotating the rollers if power is off. We were a little hesitant before ordering but it really works nice. Model MF1700 – B5 Pro . Entry level lam. They have a lot of different models you can check on alibaba and as for the payments you can ask them to create a payment link and can pay off alibaba so the payment is ali protected. Need any more info email me on info@rapidprint.co.nz

You can check your country regulations for importing, as we had to get registered as an importer in NZ, just took us a day.

Regards
Jay

Branko

Hi Branko,

We have ordered Mefu laminator from China - they are the manufacturers and have a good quality and service. We have a 1700mm Wide laminator - Cost was around 1350 US dollars - We are in New Zealand - have paid sales tax on that around 150 US dollars here in NZ. Machine works well and is automatic with air pressure lifting up the rollers and getting it down. Also has a manual mode for rotating the rollers if power is off. We were a little hesitant before ordering but it really works nice. Model MF1700 – B5 Pro . Entry level lam. They have a lot of different models you can check on alibaba and as for the payments you can ask them to create a payment link and can pay off alibaba so the payment is ali protected. Need any more info email me on info@rapidprint.co.nz

You can check your country regulations for importing, as we had to get registered as an importer in NZ, just took us a day.

Regards
Jay
Hey, Thanks so much for your input. Always nervous about dealing with China as I have heard so many horror stories. I've actually experienced it myself with a media stand purchase. They sent me a used one with missing pieces, documentation, etc. Then when confronted they act all surprised.

Sindex Printing

I had ordered one from China. The only issue I had with it was the heating element was broke. Everything else has worked great and still going strong.

RapidPrint

Ya we had similar situation when ordering anything from china, but if it is ordered from manufacturer things like this do not happen. There are a lot of reputable manufacturers who look after the customers etc. When trying to buy anything try to check from alibaba or made in china that you are dealing with the manufacturers / also you can check their transaction volume which is directly related to the popular products.

BVG

Which model was it? The one I am looking at is Qomolangma 63" heated top roller.

This model? - https://www.sign-in-china.com/produ...format_cold_laminator_with_heat_assisted.html

We've got one in our shop. Delivery was easy, they sent it from their local drop-ship warehouse.

For an "entry level" Chinese laminator we're happy with it. Tracks within 3-4mm over a full roll and the rear print take-up works well. The only issue I had was finding enough help to lift the 500lb+ unit onto the stand during assembly.

Last edited:

Boyanski

You will be like having Tesla ...

I had once a chinese laminator and it worked ok. I am In Spain, bought it from UK. Can you not find a good used one from your country? If it was for other machine i would encourage you but for a laminator?? Don't see the point

I am sure you can find a better brand and deal locally for an used good shape laminator

ikarasu

have you even looked at shipping? Shipping that laminator to vancouver costs 2438 for the cheapest option,unless you ship it via boat by your own courier.

So you're looking at - 2438, + 2868 = 5306 USD, or 6935 CAD. lets round it to about 7000 CAD after exchange rate fees.

You can buy a 54" Kala for $5800 locally, Cool blue for 5700, And RS 54" With take up for $5200 locally... etc. If you need bigger than 54, it'll still be within the $6-7000 range, and itll come with warranty and support.

Hit up Grimco for the RS, or CSS For the kala. Cool blue from ndgraphics. All offer financing... pay over 60 months instead of all upfront.

I recommend the RS... It's roller isn't as thick as I'd like, it's not a beast like our seal... but we use it for roll to roll all the time and can laminate a full roll in 10-15 minutes from start of loading to end of laminating. And grimco is great, Dereks a good guy and very knowledgeable. Grimco has troubleshooted my machines over the phone and through E-mail 10 times and I didnt have to pay a thing... USA Grimco gets a lot of flack, but our vancouver branch is awesome.

Never buy a big machine from china... Even if it was the best quality machine, the #1 rule for sign equipment is buy whatever is supported in your area... No one will touch a chinese laminator if something is wrong with it, then you have a $7000 paper weight.

ChicagoGraphics

That laminator is probably under 10+ different brand names, I saw that same one at the Shanghai sign expo in September, if you can find the original manufacturer of that laminator you can get it for probably half that price if not less

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey, Thanks so much for your input. Always nervous about dealing with China as I have heard so many horror stories. I've actually experienced it myself with a media stand purchase. They sent me a used one with missing pieces, documentation, etc. Then when confronted they act all surprised.

WHY would you risk the headaches just to save a few bucks???? Stuff from CHINA SUCKS!!! It might start good, but it will end bad! NO SUPPORT!