• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

china printers

I have a x rite unit so profiles are no problem.
I guess my biggest problem is that like to use flexi 10. I do have onyx 10 also but never really liked it.
I see some of the china unit will run on onyx.

player

Roland's are made in Japan.

Check it out:

[video=youtube;yuT5YD1es4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuT5YD1es4w[/video]

John Thomson

Photoprint is Flexisigns RIP............that was why I went for the Tjet so that I could continue to use Flexisign.
You need to buy the manufacturers oem version to get drivers for the printer.

John

jfiscus

Rap Master
Here are my thoughts on this topic:
If you have a limited budget like that, I would definitely go with something that has support available.
As you (should) well know support/repair costs can add up real quick.
So, thinking down that direction, contact your current or other local (hopefully independent) printer service tech and see what all models they support or recommend.

Then, ask them if they know of any of their other customers who have just upgraded or are considering upgrading in the near future.
With the cost of new machines going down into under $15,000, many businesses are considering upgrading right now but are concerned that their existing equipment has no resale value.
This is where you can step in and snag their equipment for a great deal.

Here, we are getting ready to make the transition to latex (not sure how soon though), but we have two solvent Mimakis that still both run and print excellent every day.
Equipment like that would be exactly what you are looking for with your price point.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It doesn't matter where the machines are made, they could be made on Mars for all you care. The most important part is SERVICE WHEN IT BREAKS!!! I cant stress enough how important service is when you make a machine purchase. I can buy 10' solvent printers for $2500 right now but there is no one to service them when they break so to me they are worthless.

phototec

It doesn't matter where the machines are made, they could be made on Mars for all you care. The most important part is SERVICE WHEN IT BREAKS!!! I cant stress enough how important service is when you make a machine purchase. I can buy 10' solvent printers for $2500 right now but there is no one to service them when they break so to me they are worthless.

:goodpost:

Very good point, now if the Chinese where smart, they would create a US service force that could help them build the US market!

I see very good (low) priced China made items on ebay, however the 20-30 delivery tome from China hurts their sales here, so what did they do?

They built a Dallas area warehouse in Allen TX, now the same items that use to ship from China, are now stocked and shipping from Allen Texas, I receive the items in just a few days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281145539889?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

:clapping:

satanoperca

I should add, from my recent trip to China where I visited over 10 different printing companies, overwhelmingly, the Chinese printing companies all use MUTOH valuejets. The largest printing company I visited had over 80 Mutoh 1604's in one room.

They informed me that they are made locally for the Chinese market. Based on this, I would be buying a Chinese made Mutoh and get it shipped to Australia where I can get local support.

Funnily enough, very few Chinese printing companies use Chinese printers except for Mutoh's. They prefer Korean made UV printers or EFI VUTEK's.

Did not see a single Roland or Mimaki printers. I also add, that over the last five years I have been visiting China and using Chinese printing companies, their quality of print, service and expertise is coming along in leaps and bounds.

Cheers

PS. Plus they are friendly and have honor, something I don't always find here in Oz.

I have been looking at purchasing one of these printers, the company is located in china. Is there a safe method on paying for these printers from over here in the US? They are asking for 100‰ upfront. Is there some type of contract or documentation I could request to cover my ***? I dont want to travel around the world to go Bruce Lee on someone.

CES020

I don't recall where I saw the thread, but I don't think it was here. I think it was someone that bought a CNC machine from China. Someone intercepted the email going to the guy for his wire transfer, or something along those lines. They spoofed the email and changed the info to their account. He got the email, wired the money into the account and thought everything was good to go. Checked up on it later to hear "What order?". Bottom line, he lost all his money. Seems like it was $7,000-10,000 but I don't remember the exact amount, but I know it was posted online about a year ago or less.

In the end, he lost the money because he had no where to go with the information. It was a very well done scam. It wasn't a scam from the company selling the machines, but rather someone that had figured out how to tap into their communications.

Maybe someone here is reading this and remembers all the details. I don't remember them all, but I do remember it wasn't a happy ending for him.

So be very careful.

I was planning on making a small order first, perhaps this will be a test to see if the bank account is legit. If anyone else here orders from China occasionally, please leave some feedback.

John Thomson

use a site like alibaba.com where you can see how long a company has been selling there....not a guarantee but the more info you can gather about a business you are considering dealing with the better.

john

CES020

use a site like alibaba.com where you can see how long a company has been selling there....not a guarantee but the more info you can gather about a business you are considering dealing with the better.

john

There wasn't anything wrong with the company that he bought from, that was the issue. Their machines were well rated, customers were happy, communication was great and everything was above board. Some how, and I don't recall how, someone spoofed the email from the company that went out with the account information, and they changed that number to their account.

I've bought a number of items directly from China, but I have no wired any money to anyone there, and I'm not too sure I would unless I were in phone contact with them and getting the account number live from them while I was sitting at my bank. I'd NEVER trust an email communication for such an important transaction.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
I agree with what you experienced in China, Here the bigger company used a lot imported brand printers, rather than a local one, one point is the import printer do have a higher quality both finishing and printing, another point, maybe the most important one, is the brand printer can bring much more margin and business, especially for gov project.

Since so many brand or company, their products are made in China, but under different quality control system, those products sold to the world, we can not say it is too much better quality than local brand, but they persuit their customer by service.

Printer is just printer, we need its running to print money, when it breaks, someone right there to fix it, that is it. Sometimes, service more than products itself.

Trust the quality and performance of the products from China, but doubt about their service. You do the right choice.

I should add, from my recent trip to China where I visited over 10 different printing companies, overwhelmingly, the Chinese printing companies all use MUTOH valuejets. The largest printing company I visited had over 80 Mutoh 1604's in one room.

They informed me that they are made locally for the Chinese market. Based on this, I would be buying a Chinese made Mutoh and get it shipped to Australia where I can get local support.

Funnily enough, very few Chinese printing companies use Chinese printers except for Mutoh's. They prefer Korean made UV printers or EFI VUTEK's.

Did not see a single Roland or Mimaki printers. I also add, that over the last five years I have been visiting China and using Chinese printing companies, their quality of print, service and expertise is coming along in leaps and bounds.

Cheers

PS. Plus they are friendly and have honor, something I don't always find here in Oz.

player

About 10 years ago I got a billboard contract after a break from the business and I bought a Desay 48" cutter. What a piece of junk!

It would not track, no matter what I did. One crazy feature was if I accidentally sent a file too large the head would crack at high speed repeatedly very fast against the end of the machine....CRACKCRACKCRACKCRACKCRACK... It did this because it had only a primitive mechanical sensor that would stop it, but the software would still command it to move.

Biker Scout

Finally opened my crate for my T-Jet/BannerJet. (The new workshop build out is almost complete)

Had to check out the print head, first and foremost... a shiny new Epson DX7!
Epson DX7.jpg

I'll be detailing my progress, and my thoughts on this machine. I ordered it directly from the manufacturer I found on Alibaba. The financial transaction was smooth. (used Western Union) However, I'd advise anyone going this route to have an importer/handler/agent or whatever already in place stateside. It's very complicated and can add a lot of frustration when you have to cough up an additional $800 - $900 once the printer lands at the port just to get it out. So, as a rule of thumb, allow for an additional $1000 for freight, handling, customs charges etc... before you see your printer. The actual billable freight cost from Long Beach to Las Vegas was like $120. It's all the other stupid fees that get tacked on that's hard to digest. The port nickel and dimes you. Just be forewarned. Otherwise, it's awesome to have a 64" printer AND laminator for less than $5k. They even threw in some ink. I added the SAi RIP software, PhotoRIP 10 or whatever they call it. I guess it's unbranded Flexi.

Anyway, I got this printer because I wanted to conduct an experiment and it was so affordable to add this into my workflow. So you all are going to be going along on this ride with me!