• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chinese Electrical Receptor - Where to buy?

brycesteiner

Anyone have any idea where to get a Chinese Electrical Receptor?
attachment.php

You can see what it should look like. Right now my laminator uses a 220 to 110 converter for North American receptacles. The laminator works well with the converter but I would like this to be on a native 220 on it's own with no adapters.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• wallplug.jpg
    wallplug.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 183

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Cut the end off the cord and put a US standard 240 plus on the end. Better to do that than to install a Chinese outlet. On ours it needed 240v 20A so I put this on it

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

and used the same style outlet. This is like a regular plug but one blade is sideways. This is rated for up to 250v 20a. Do not confuse this with 120v 20a in which the other blade is sideways.

Anyways this should work for what you need unless you have a hot laminator in which case you would probably need a different plug for a higher amperage. Our laminator is just heat assist so 20a was fine.

chartle

I also doubt it's code putting in a socket like that since i don't think it's ul listed.

But agree replace the plug.