• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

chip cartidge?

matejgt

Hello!
Im already change the original cartidge in my Roland SC500! The new cartidge is not original "Roland" and it does not have the chip, but however work! So why is it necessary the chip? Thanks

.....sorry for my bad english!

sfr table hockey

That is one nice thing about the older Rolands..... the SC 500 CJ 500 FJ 42,52 all do not need the chip to read. So you can use the 220 size refill carts or most carts for Roland printers for that matter, and not worry about the chip.

As for how it reads how full a cart is, when you put in a new cart the printer automatically resets the ink cart as full. As you print it takes in account what you print and shows an approx. level of what should be left. If you remove and put the cart back in it will now show full again which would no longer be accurate. It still reads that tab that pops out and signals the cart being empty but it does have a feature to finish printing your job and then you can change out the cart. You just run a chance of getting an air bubble in the line which you just need to get rid of later before you go on to the next job.

Also never have to worry about an older cart of ink that may not work in the newer printers and may not have anything wrong with it other than the chip has exspired.