• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chiroprator Sign Layout

aandrews19

Thoughts?

Attachments

• StrasburgChiroMock2.jpg
    StrasburgChiroMock2.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 79

qmr55

Chiropractor is waaaaay too big, create some negative space and then change that font at the bottom, don't like that either.

Looks good other than that though!

SignProPlus-Chip

Ditto...reduce the font size....everything is too close to the edges.

In my opinion I wouldn't get so designy with the ampersand as it decreases legibility.

visual800

too much negative space, chiropractor and other stuff is a bad font choice. red should never be a color for the signage on any medical operation unless it says emergency and do away with the caduess its just taking up space

Jillbeans

It's way too clip-arty for my taste. Looks like you found a clip art sign shape that you liked and filled it in with a clip art caduceus (sp?) and scrolls.
CHIROPRACTOR is wayyy too big, and I hate the crooked ends on the Cs.
The script font on the bottom is nasty and is crowding the panel.

Ideally the sign shape should be the last thing you decide (I mean of course size is an issue etc) horizontal vertical etc but it should echo the shape of your copy while still allowing breathing room.

Colors are odd to me too, perhaps a warm red background with white lettering.
Hey at least you didn't throw in a spine.
Love....Jill
PS nice mick-up tho.

geb

It's ok, but can be better. As mentioned, your text is pushed to far to the edges of your sign, smoothering it. There is to much negative space around the top graphic. I think Burgundy would be better than red, just my preference. I think the outer border white or the light color needs to reworked and thicker in my opinion. Not a fan of the script on the bottom or the way it is presented with ampersand.

George

Deaton Design

Use a darker color background. Lettering tends to be swallowed up by light backgrounds. The border around the outer edge of the sign needs to be bigger. I usually make mine around 2" wide. Possibly use a more roman style of lettering instead of the condensed block, and make it smaller. You are on the right track...

aandrews19

I guess I should have mentioned that the sign is in a tough spot visibility-wise. The customer wants chiropractor to be as big as possible... And red... To catch a driver's eye. He is pretty much dead set on that.

qmr55

You're the professional, tell him to create the best quality and highest visibility sign the text does not always need to fill the entire space and be as big as possible. Explain it to him how he will actually benefit from not using such a condensed font.

bernie

Hurts my eyes! The word chiropractor is stretched and just does not look right. I also don't like the gray outline around the red.

My 2 cents.

Bernie

Jillbeans

In my experience over the past 27 years, nearly all male clients ask for red lettering.
They always feel that it is the most eye-catching color.
So give him the red he wants, as a background color.
Then add white lettering.
Like a stop sign, it's going to stand out and be legible at a distance.
Also, in my experience, caps and lower case are easier to see than all caps, which can look like just a block of text at a glance.
Which one reads better from the thumbnails, yours or mine?
Not saying that mine is a masterpiece, just a quick example.
Here's a suggestion, using clip art, because I am too lazy to dig up a caduceus.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 64

SignManiac

Here's one I did a few years back. Notice the focal point and balance of positive and negative space. Bigger does not mean it will stand out more. Use contrast and prioritization of the message to control how the viewer will perceive and interpret the message.

Attachments

• Godwin.jpg
    Godwin.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 74

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Down the road from my old house, there's a 3-D spine for a chiropractor, about 12' tall and 3' wide. Kinda terrifying seeing that on top of a 15 foot pylon.

Hey maniac - nice looking sign, but why the lightning?

OldPaint

heres what not to do. i had to print this for a little league baseball sign. I DID NOT DESIGN IT))))

Attachments

• dominick.jpg
    dominick.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 62