• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Choosing a Printer

FinnaVanilla

Hi all, I am interested in starting to make small vinyl decals and different sized (still small) die cuts. I've been looking online for different vinyl decal printers but I can only seem to find printers that look extremely cheap, or those that are way too big for my current needs. I plan to get a small to medium sized printer to handle very small business needs, and then if it takes off I'll invest in a larger one. Does anyone have any recommendations for printers that could handle small business needs for small vinyl decals/die cuts that are relatively inexpensive?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Get a used Roland SP-300V, SP-300i or VP300i. They are older machines but they are holding up great as they age and are easy to find used and for much cheaper than a brand new setup. In general you should be able to find one for around $4000 - $5500. They are great starter machines and it sounds like for what you are doing they are basically perfect as they are print/cut in one machines.

Sando

18 Years and Counting...
Why not try and find a used EdgeFX & Envision combo? Then you'll know why the rest of us are bald and cynical.