Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choosing a Printer

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by FinnaVanilla, Aug 6, 2017.

1. FinnaVanilla

FinnaVanilla New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    Hi all, I am interested in starting to make small vinyl decals and different sized (still small) die cuts. I've been looking online for different vinyl decal printers but I can only seem to find printers that look extremely cheap, or those that are way too big for my current needs. I plan to get a small to medium sized printer to handle very small business needs, and then if it takes off I'll invest in a larger one. Does anyone have any recommendations for printers that could handle small business needs for small vinyl decals/die cuts that are relatively inexpensive?

2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Mutoh has a 24" printer and Graphtec CE 24" cutter will get you started.

3. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Get a used Roland SP-300V, SP-300i or VP300i. They are older machines but they are holding up great as they age and are easy to find used and for much cheaper than a brand new setup. In general you should be able to find one for around $4000 - $5500. They are great starter machines and it sounds like for what you are doing they are basically perfect as they are print/cut in one machines.

4. Sando

Sando 10 years and trying to forget how to count...

Jun 29, 2011
    Nampa, Idaho
    Why not try and find a used EdgeFX & Envision combo? Then you'll know why the rest of us are bald and cynical.