• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Choosing Ink Configuration for VS540i

BSGX

Hey guys. We have just purchased a Roland VS 540i to add to our line up (other printer is a VP 540i). I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the Ink configuration. My dealer suggest Double CMYK for the speed. But, I was initially thinking CMYKLcLmLk and then the cleaning cartridge to take up the last space. I was wondering if any of you have either of these setups and what the pros and/or cons were for each. I just don't want to do double CMYK and wish I had went with the other configuration. I have read that the LcLmLk will give me smoother gradients and truer grays. Any thoughts? We do a lot of commercial signage and a few wraps but we are starting to venture more into the vehicle wraps as we are getting more and more request for boats, vehicle and larger box truck wraps. Thank you ahead of time.

kanini

If you do a lot of commercial signage, outdoor jobs and wraps my best bet would be the double CMYK just because of speed. The light inks do more for indoor jobs (POS, wall graphics etc.) that are ment to be viewed very closely and where for example skin tones need to be great. It doesn't do much on signs/wraps compared to the loss of speed.

ATD Signs

Hey guys. We have just purchased a Roland VS 540i to add to our line up (other printer is a VP 540i). I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the Ink configuration. My dealer suggest Double CMYK for the speed. But, I was initially thinking CMYKLcLmLk and then the cleaning cartridge to take up the last space. I was wondering if any of you have either of these setups and what the pros and/or cons were for each. I just don't want to do double CMYK and wish I had went with the other configuration. I have read that the LcLmLk will give me smoother gradients and truer grays. Any thoughts? We do a lot of commercial signage and a few wraps but we are starting to venture more into the vehicle wraps as we are getting more and more request for boats, vehicle and larger box truck wraps. Thank you ahead of time.

I am in the same spot as you, we just have our new VS540i installed last week with the recommended 7 colors from
our dealer. We printed off a color chart from our new vs540i, and compared it to our old sp540i and it is not as vibrant
as our old sp540i, I think that I should have gone with double cmyk. I will try it for now and see what happens