• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Christmas came early this year. (it's here, it's here!)

petesign

Got our new Royal Sovereign 1401c laminator in last Wednesday. Man, that box was HEAVY. We don't have a loading dock, just a regular sized exterior door.. so we had to improvise a little. We went all Egyptian on it and made a ramp, and pushed it into the shop using a long prybar and some elbow grease. It's all together today, and waiting on the first set of prints to come off of the printer today to laminate. It's a big upgrade from our Daige solo.

I was torn between the Seal 54 el, and this one, but went with the RS for the take up feature... My shop space is SMALL, and the ability to roll prints up as they come off sealed the deal.

I will be posting some pics and my impressions going from a Daige to something a little nicer later.

We are going to keep the daige to mount prints, i think it will do a good job on that, but a little peace of mind when laminating IJ180 is gonna be nice.

congrats man!! way to go on the rs. we were looking at the rs to, but decided on the seal el in the end, don't regret it for a minute!!

post some pics of the beast when you get a chance.

petesign

They also included an ancient roll of laminate that is so brittle, you cant feed it through the rollers - :)

At first I liked how the Seal looked, until one of the guys mentioned it looked like something out of star trek.

Attachments

• rs1.jpg
    rs1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 95
  • rs2.jpg
    rs2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 81