• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Christmas Carol Overload Yet?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
It's only November 2nd and I spent three hours helping a friend with her retail establishment's Christmas open house today.

I'm done... No more...

If I'm forced to listen to one more Christmas carol...I'm going to...BECOME RUSSIAN!

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I have never been a fan, and it starts way to early... But there is one acceptable Christmas song... Santa Claus and his ol' lady. cheech and Chong...

Heh....when Cheech talks about Santa's "choos" (shoes)....cracks me up every time, along with the reindeer's names.

JB

WildWestDesigns

I actually like this time of year.

As far as songs go, only ones by Andy Williams are acceptable to my ears. Living in Nashville, I can't think of anything more ghastly then country twang take on Xmas songs.

Otherwise, it's Xmas OTR and NTR from now until the Dec 26th.

Working on a snowman frame by frame animation now as we speak.

Now, I rarely go outside shopping anymore (I'm very happy with doing online shopping for just about everything except groceries), so I don't deal much with the brick and mortal retail aspect of it nearly as much as some.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're only as old as you wanna be. When Christmas comes around, I'm always a kid again. I love this time of year, too. It's for the young and the old, alike. As for it coming out at Halloween, too bad. There's too much other negativity to go around to be upset with, instead of Christmas.

:cool1:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hafta agree, growing up with Andy Williams was enough. I don't need him singing around me anymore.

Yep, Burl Ives singing it's A Holly Jolly Christmas does it for me. We have sooo many Christmas discs, it ain't even funny. They start on Black Friday and keep going till about New Year's Eve. Kiss 'er once for me...........​

Johnny Best

Andy Williams had the young french wife who later dumped him for a ski guy in Aspen who was murdered and old Andy got the lawyer for her murder trial.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Christmas always brings up many sad memories for me. I come from a very poor family but went to a predominately middle class school where the majority of the kids were happy and had all the latest and greatest while we struggled to even have enough to eat. I got picked on for my tattered clothes and such. One year I remember that if it weren't for a church bringing us gifts we would not have had a christmas that year. Our pipes often froze and heater would quit and we had to heat the house with the oven. It's amazing to me how much $$ into junk. Get the family together, eat well and ....

Anyway, I work a part time job stocking shelves in a grocery store and every year they play Christmas music the whole time. Trouble is it's too mixed. I love the classics, that's prior to the 70's for those of you who don't know the definition of classics. There are very few songs that came along in the later years that are worth anything.

Nat King Cole, Burl Ives, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, The Carpenters, Gene Autry, Ann Murray, Dean Martin, Sinatra, Brenda Lee, Ella Fitzgerald,

ps. "Man, I used to play with that dude man"

myront

CorelDRAW is best

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-4_12-32-45.png
    upload_2019-11-4_12-32-45.png
    549.1 KB · Views: 86

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Then you haven't been to any malls or watched any television in the last week or two..................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, That's all I can say. He musta got a lotta coal in his stockings when he was a kid and instead of heating the house with it, he ate it or snorted it.

I hadda listen to it a second time, to make sure I didn't like it. :frustrated:

rjssigns

Pumpkin Spice everything hasn't hit stride, I have yet to experience my first bout of TB(Turkey Belly) and stores are already pushing Christmas.:confused: