• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Christmas ideas anyone?

swannisl

You all seem to have good ideas, so let's hear them. We're in a tourist driven town, so business sometimes slows in the winter, although last year was steady throughout. We're trying to come up with a niche product to sell for the holidays. Any ideas?

Mike F

Seramark or Phototex wall graphics. Christmas trees with sets of vinyl decals so you can decorate them, fireplaces, Christmas lights, Satan, elves, reindeer, candy canes, snowmen (You can actually make one and take a pic of it and use that), mistletoe, baby Jesus and the nativity scene, draydels, manoras (you can tell I was raised Christian and not Jewish by my seplling of those last 2 words), Kwanzaa related stuff, etc. It makes it easier to decorate the house AND to clean up when the season's over!

Actually thinking of designing some stuff to use for the same type of idea but Halloween instead of Christmas.

Mike F

Damn, that might just be one of my greatest typos ever. I'd like to blame it on drinking too, but for once I can't.

CS-SignSupply-TT

hhhmmm!!! Hurricane Irene just made her presence felt. Perhaps and iconic image related to Irene, in conjunction with a media outlet (radio, tv), as a fund raiser could help with the recovery. It could push into the holiday season and bring some joy...just thinkin' out loud

signswi

We never sell any pre-created stuff like that, it'll rot in your back room. People don't go to sign shops for christmas yard decorations, at least not around here.

Pat Whatley

Five years ago I made a Merry Christmas banner with our Christmas portrait on it and stuck it in the front yard. Ended up selling a ton of them even though I didn't advertise them at all. The next year I send out postcards offering them, sold....NONE. The year after that....NONE. If was fun and profitable that one year though.

Worst thing ever was the year I spent months working on stock banner layouts for Christmas sales that could be customized quickly to individual business and sold cheap. My thinking was that it was okay that I spent a lot of time on the layouts since I was going to be mass producing them and using my layouts to just crank them out. I spent a small fortune having my full color 8-page catalogs printed, and envelopes printed, and gathering addresses, and mailing them out to select businesses who used banners. Ordered boxes to put them in for deliver, cut down ropes to give with them, I was set to make a fortune. Mailed them all out on a Friday expecting the phone to start ringing off the hook Monday morning. I got NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER. NONE.