Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas postcard

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by Rob N, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Rob N

Rob N New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Here is a postcard we will be sending to clients, the back will have a personal message to each client thanking them for their business this past year. We are an outdoor advertising company with many billboard locations. What do ya think? Thanks, Rob

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I like it!

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :thumb:

4. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    the only thing i'd do is add a shadow on santa

5. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    :thumb::thumb:

6. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Looks good Rob.

7. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    A journeyman job I'm sure. Other than Santa should be facing in, not out. Of the four objects casting shadows, one of them appears to be representing a different light source than the other three. As well as the disunited design elements sort of floating around the scene.

Other than those trivial things, it's pretty much indistinguishable from every other commercial christmas card I've ever seen.

8. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Santa is OK where he is. he resting against the sign post while the snowman is sneaking up on him to steal his bag of goodies...duh, don't you remember the Chrsitmas story "the snowman who mugged Santa"? all kidding aside, I liked it as it clearly is from a business and what the business does is clear. it is a commercial card but one put together and not off the rack. I liked the scene. the light sources are a little off but if he is at the North Pole, the lighting would be coming in at strange angles.

9. Rob N

Rob N New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    "clearly is from a business and what the business does is clear"

Yes, I think this does seperate it from the other generic cards we receive from other businesses. Thanks

10. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    :rock-n-roll:

11. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    I think I'd flip the sign and santa to aim inward. That would also solve your lighting direction problem with the sign too. Santa's light source looks like its coming straight on.