• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Christmas Tonka Truck Restoration :)

Ursta Graphics

This was a pretty fun job with a cool story.

I had a customer come in who found his favorite toy as a child. His best friend and him had the exact same toy as children and he wanted to find something similar to give to his young boys for christmas. The customer found his original truck from the early 80's in the shed at his grandparents house. It was pretty beat up but still in great shape. With a little paint / polish and a summa d60 I was able to get this baby as close as I could to original. (The best friends truck had the stripes at the bottom not on the fender flares so we matched his instead) Pretty cool how small jobs can give you a good sense of accomplishment. I'm pretty sure the dad will be more excited than the boys! ;)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Attachments

• tonka1.jpg
    tonka1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 211
  • tonka 3.jpg
    tonka 3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 152
  • tonka 4.jpg
    tonka 4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 158
  • tonka 6.jpg
    tonka 6.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 302

SqueeGee

Nice! I'm working on a similar Christmas gift for my father-in-law - a model replica of his old race car. As it turns out, he had a firebird on the hood and I haven't been able to find one yet. Where did you get that one?

slappy

what the heck did you use to clean the white lettering on the tires? They look like new too!

Very nice BTW :wink:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I usually don't ask this question, but since it's not a sign and looks like a total pain in the neck..... what do you get for something like that ??