Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Tonka Truck Restoration :)

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by Ursta Graphics, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Ursta Graphics

Ursta Graphics Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Hermitage, Pa
    This was a pretty fun job with a cool story.

I had a customer come in who found his favorite toy as a child. His best friend and him had the exact same toy as children and he wanted to find something similar to give to his young boys for christmas. The customer found his original truck from the early 80's in the shed at his grandparents house. It was pretty beat up but still in great shape. With a little paint / polish and a summa d60 I was able to get this baby as close as I could to original. (The best friends truck had the stripes at the bottom not on the fender flares so we matched his instead) Pretty cool how small jobs can give you a good sense of accomplishment. I'm pretty sure the dad will be more excited than the boys! ;)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. xxaxx

xxaxx Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Wow that turned out really nice!

3. SqueeGee

SqueeGee Active Member

May 27, 2005
    Nice! I'm working on a similar Christmas gift for my father-in-law - a model replica of his old race car. As it turns out, he had a firebird on the hood and I haven't been able to find one yet. Where did you get that one?

4. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    what the heck did you use to clean the white lettering on the tires? They look like new too!

Very nice BTW :wink:

5. Ursta Graphics

Ursta Graphics Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Hermitage, Pa
    The tire lettering was repainted. The phoenix on the hood I did as a vector trace / cleanup to what was there originally.

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I usually don't ask this question, but since it's not a sign and looks like a total pain in the neck..... what do you get for something like that ??