• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chromatic Banding

CanuckSigns

We have had our S80600 for just over 2 years now, but in the last 6 months I've noticed I get fairly noticeable chromatic banding in certain colours, I just printed a job where I printed 2 full 54"x150' rolls of vinyl to a solid vivid blue colour, and there appeared to be what I call lawnmower marks in the print. These were printed on 6 pass.

When the printer was new it would print this colour perfectly, to the point you couldn't tell it apart from cut vinyl.

I've tried every adjustment that the printer allows me to and I did manage to get it better, but it's still faintly there especially on the side opposite the home position.

Has anyone come across this in the past and have a fix?

Andy D

Yes a picture is the only way to know if it's banding, stepping, or something else.
A picture of a nozzle test would be helpful too.

Bly

Some colours band at 6 pass on our 60600.
We run those jobs at 8 pass which mostly fixes the issue.

woolly

if you are convinced its chromatic banding and not mechanical then its down to several things actual print surface. bed temps. humidity. print speed. print head starting to fail slightly when under a high use.
in a attempt to get the pigments to lay in the correct or similar manor in each direction perhaps lower the bed temp and lower the head speed as its more noticeable one end check the bed temp is equal across the width.

Chromatic banding is more commonly related to UV-curing inks than solvent,so pics would help to diagnose.

CanuckSigns

I've attached some photos, it's not as evident in the pics as it is in person, but if you look closely you can see banding lines, has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• banding 2.jpg
    banding 2.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 439
  • banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 434
  • banding1.jpg
    banding1.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 568

mdjamesd

Just to make sure, is the banding in the direction the print head moves, or is it perpendicular? If perpendicular, check the pinch roller tension.

TheCPC

Hi I’m getting these results on my ucjv300 printing 600x600 bi direction. Always happens when I print solid colour please help

Attachments

• 07D4E221-AEEE-4AB9-8FBE-A1EBBC403360.jpeg
    07D4E221-AEEE-4AB9-8FBE-A1EBBC403360.jpeg
    737.3 KB · Views: 166