• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome Bumper Wraps

AGinVT

Hey everyone, We do quite a bit of vehicle wrapping at my shop. My installers have done their training at 3M in Minnesota and are very talented at what they do. Yesterday we got a request for bumper wraps on a Silverado. We have wrapped a few chrome pieces in the past with printed 3MIJ180, but no bumpers to date. The adhesion doesn't seem as good as it is on the painted parts.

Does anyone know if a regular wrap film like a 3M2080 is acceptable for chrome wrapping? We have had this request before, but have always shied away from doing it for fear of lifting issues.

As I'm sure it is with a lot of you right now, we are not as swamped as usual and I'd rather not turn down work if we can do it. Anyone out there with experience wrapping chrome?