Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Chrome colors with Gerber Edge

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Will308decals, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Will308decals

Will308decals Member

Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    Hi,

I got a magazine a while ago with an order of convex I had purchased and I just looked through it the other day. I know that the only medal (chrome) colors that Gerber sells in their medal gold, blue, red, and silver. In the magazine I read that to make any color chrome they said to print silver medal and add a transparent color over top. Is that correct? Like if I wanted to make a chrome yellow, green, or orange, I would have to print silver medal and then print a transparent yellow, green, or orange over it? Is this correct? If not, what is the correct way to make any color chrome/medal?

Thank you in advance

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    that makes sense to me. I have almost all transparent foils and silver medal I and II.
    I can try a sample for you - running omega 6.5

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I'd prefer to print transparent on chrome vinyl...but it may work both ways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Will308decals

Will308decals Member

Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    If you would like to try a sample that would be great, I do not own a silver foil so I would be unable to print a test print now but if it is not a big deal to you that would be awesome! Thank you

5. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    sure just private message me the file, and any instructions if they apply. I will send back picks. I am out of town tues-thurs - but can probaly sample print tonight.