• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome design?

We have a 1967 Chrysler Newport that needs to be wrapped in chrome with the name of the company down the sides. The company wants to get a paper copy of the design first.

My question is. Is there a way to show them what it will look like in chrome on paper ? or even on a printed piece of wrap material ? Ive never printed chrome before. Ive only used solid color change vinyl for chrome. and will use it for the install but the proof I need to print it somehow. Any ideas ?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
First, CHA CHING! Because he's going to pay out the butt for that.

Second, just show him a photo of a chrome vehicle, render the car with a texture if you need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYuBMmydf9E

Third, hope he doesn't mind a mess of scratches, saw a chrome vehicle in Dallas last month that was wrapped, looked like someone keyed it. Guy said that is what happens when driving ... so experiment with laminating first?

Just got off the phone with my supplier and he said almost 2 grand for a 48"x25yrd roll. No worries on the scratches. this car is for a salvage yard and will not move once it is all done. My problem is finding a 60 inch wide roll. trying to do it seamless but the car is a boat. the hood alone is almost 60". thanks for the info on the design.

I think it is original paint. they want to keep it that way just incase he gets someone wanting to buy it. but I like that idea. less work for me to do.:Big Laugh

WhiteWrapper

If hes using it as a sign, make sure to inform of longevity of wrap chrome. I would suggest chrome wrap with print lam overlay.

1. print quality direct to chrome
2. you would have to lam printed chrome and then you're dealing with too thick film
3. $. less sqft you have to lay chrome, cheaper itll be